• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Glamour model opposes topless picture demise in The Sun"

Collapse

• Flashman
    replied
    It's back

Haters gonna hate.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Who cares, you've still got the Daily Star (Or Morning Star for hard core lefties):

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Because it's the law that the state is entitled to tax you. It's not the law that you can appear topless in a privately owned company's newspaper.

Sheesh.
    Well, all you did was just rephrase the question to say "why is it legal..." instead of "why does one have a right..". Just saying - so long as they're completely arbitrary, it doesn't make much sense to wonder why someone would suppose that had a right to <any random thing>. Not important to the point at hand.

Ofcourse, *I* would say that of course she doesn't have a right. But like I said, I think she really meant that other people shouldn't be campaigning to get her career shut down on some kind of moral basis.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Because it's the law that the state is entitled to tax you. It's not the law that you can appear topless in a privately owned company's newspaper.

Sheesh.
    Sorry to be pedantic but:
    There isn't a law that specifically says that you can't. Therefore it is the law that you can appear topless in a privately owned company's newspaper.

That doesn't mean either that you must or that they must let you.

hth

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Ho Ho.
    Just you try selling no-gay B&B rooms in pounds and ounces
    I've never understood why that B&B owner didn't just decorate all their rooms in clashing colours, that would have got rid of the prospective gay guests in a flash.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    WHS. It's just like the hoo-haa over OUP banning sausages in their books. It's a commercial decision; they can design their products to suit their market in whatever way they want. It's nothing to do with rights or freedom of speech.
    Ho Ho.
    Just you try selling no-gay B&B rooms in pounds and ounces

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    WHS. It's just like the hoo-haa over OUP banning sausages in their books. It's a commercial decision; they can design their products to suit their market in whatever way they want. It's nothing to do with rights or freedom of speech.
    I doubt much at all those leftie accademics do has to do with business.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    If Page 3 goes, it's a purely commercial decision by Murdoch and his lackeys.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Why would someone have a right to dip into my pocket to fund the NHS against my will?

Sheesh.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    If Page 3 goes, it's a purely commercial decision by Murdoch and his lackeys. Note that Murdoch, when thinking out loud on Twitter about the subject over the last few months, made reference to young women fashionably dressed as an alternative. Assuming "fashionably dressed" means "in expensive lingerie", that's exactly what the Sun appears to have shifted to.

Next: manufacturers of expensive lingerie pay News Inc (or whatever it's called this week) a "sponsorship fee" for their products to appear. Kerching!

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Why would someone have a right to dip into my pocket to fund the NHS against my will?
    Dunno, but the people of Huntingdon are very grateful to you.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Why on earth would you think you have a right to appear in someone else's newspaper?

I suspect what she is getting at is that it's none of the femi-morons' business and they should get a life.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Dirty old men with cameras will suffer as well, it will be harder to justify page 3 style shoots where scantily clad chavs try to pose in exchange for 'exposure' and the forlorn hope of a modelling career
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Chav

You know before I heard it I always thought it was pronounced 'Chhhave'

Jimmy Carr

Some other favourites

'I went up to the airport information desk. I said: "How many airports are there in the world?"'

'I'm not saying Michael Jackson is guilty. But if I was a billionaire paedophile, I’d buy a funfair for my back garden.'

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Why do they call these girls glamour models?
    They are Chavettes
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X