• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cheap suits

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cheap suits"

Collapse

• oraclesmith
    replied
    I too watch Balamory so I've posted a wee poll !

Leave a comment:

• Andy\/\/
    replied
    I like the Teletubbies too. Dipsy is a cool dude.

I watch Balamory now. I wish Miss Hoolie was my teacher.

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Threaded in his suit cycling to work in Denmark...

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    £75 buys a lot of fur fabric :-

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Two suits for £75? That's supposed to be cheap????? Bloody hell! I expect a complete wardrobe for the family for less than that!!!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    What a bunch of plebs. My wardrobe contains 100 designer suits.

Threaded
    Tis true enough.

Did I mention that one of my homes I moved the middlefloor-left bathroom to one of the bedrooms next to it and turned the now empty room into a wardrobe.

threaded in "the floor boards were rotten anyways, so it was cheaper to do it this way" mode

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    To cut a long story short, I met Mr Gent in the foyeé and our suits were made of the same material, this triggered a conversation, and as we got chatting we soon realised we shared the same tailor!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    What a bunch of plebs. My wardrobe contains 100 designer suits.

Threaded
    Tis true enough.

Did I tell you the time I went for a "company presentation" at Vodaphone? To cut a long story short, I met Mr Gent in the foyeé and our suits were made of the same material, this triggered a conversation, and as we got chatting we soon realised we shared the same tailor!

threaded in "friends in low places" mode.

PS. and when I got out I found my car had be valetted as I'd accidentally parked in the directors car park.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
    There is a guy round here that REALLY DOES look like that!!!!!!

Some days I think that I've been transported into Royston Vasey.
    There's a guy down the gym (the one where I found a sequin in the gents loo this morning), who has the barcode of some fanzine tatooed on his neck. Like he's going not going to regret that in a few years time !!

Leave a comment:

• CaribbeanPirate
    replied
    Originally posted by oraclesmith
    This you ?

There is a guy round here that REALLY DOES look like that!!!!!!

Some days I think that I've been transported into Royston Vasey.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Two tailor made suits at £20 each in Istanbul. All done in 24hrs. Still have my East German suit somewhere cost me £8.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    This guy is the nearest resemblance I can find:

Except I don't have crappy Enlight case and no longer can be found at LAN parties (although there was a time once where the thought of endless supplies of Dominos pizza, no sleep and crates of red bull were appetizing).

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    This you ?

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    I don't do suits. If people don't like my wearing of crap band t-shirts and ADSA £8 black jeans then I'm obviously not going to get on with them anyway so no gig.

Actually one of the guys at the current gig said he liked me because I was slightly insane looking.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
    The only time I've worn a suit in the last two years was my mums funeral last week. I doubt if I've a a suit on more that 2 or 3 times in the three years before that. Good shirt and tie, shoes trousers yes, but a proper suit nah. I don't even have a jacket to got to dinner in.

Nothing to do with suits but CP's sig link to ITLAPD reminded me of this

Work safe despite the URL but you will need sound.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X