• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New Phone time

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Phone time"

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    £269 + £5.29 P&P when I got mine.
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I paid £288 for the 64GB one, case and shipping.
    Ah yeah, P&P. I didn't get a case with mine. Still, it's a good price, that's the point.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    £269 + £5.29 P&P when I got mine.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Has it gone up? I'm sure mine was £269 for the 64GB version
    I paid £288 for the 64GB one, case and shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    It's £280. I don't think that is bad for a phone when the equivalent apple version is £699...
    Has it gone up? I'm sure mine was £269 for the 64GB version

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    It's £280. I don't think that is bad for a phone when the equivalent apple version is £699...
    This.

I was going to get the new Nexus and then saw the planned price points and walked away. I paid more for my Nexus 5 when it launched than for the OnePlus.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    And which artificially keeps the cost of the phone high?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Because stock is limited to what can be manufactured and they want to ensure only people who actually want the phone buy one...
    And which artificially keeps the cost of the phone high?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    With reference to this OnePlus, why on Earth would anyone need an invite to buy a particular type of phone?
    Because stock is limited to what can be manufactured and they want to ensure only people who actually want the phone buy one...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    No it wasn't, but seeing as you asked so nicely

I think the oneplus is bigger than that (either that or that's a larger than real size Smurf).

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    With reference to this OnePlus, why on Earth would anyone need an invite to buy a particular type of phone?

It isn't as if you're applying to join a Mayfair club. Surely they're only too keen to sell phones to anyone.

TBH, although I have Internet access on my mobile phone, I've never used it. Too scared of overrunning my allowance (whatever that may be) and running up a bill for thousands of pounds, like those mugs who use their usual mobile phones on holiday and forget how the charges are building up.

In any case the print and pictures must be far too small to see clearly on a phone screen.

P.S. Anyone interested in the new Blackberry, or are they on an inevitable downward path towards oblivion?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Asus Zenfone 6 dual sim 32gb sim free & unlocked, £169

Asus Zenfone 6 Dual Sim 32GB A601CG SIM FREE/ UNLOCKED - Red

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I can't see it, but I can only assume it's a bleedin' smurf pic again!
    No it wasn't, but seeing as you asked so nicely

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Chap next to me has a OnePlus and whilst it looks a nice phone it's bit too big for me.

happy with my S4 mini (with a tech21 impact case).

qh

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Edit: works now. That's photoshopped, she's not that big
    I can't see it, but I can only assume it's a bleedin' smurf pic again!

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    recently bought an Sony Xperia Z3, might be slightly bigger then what you're looking for but it's a great phone in imo

not tons of bloatware like Samsungs have and the battery life is superb, a full working day on heavy usage and i can still have about 40% left by late evening
    I've got an Xperia Ultra and it is okay looks great, couple of niggles are camera is tulip and there is no in-built way to block numbers, but it is huge so my old eyes can read it very easily.
    Last edited by GlenW; 8 January 2015, 09:43. Reason: Removed poncy description

Leave a comment:

Working...
X