• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Holidays! (remember those?)"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Off from 19th to 5th. Then off again Feb half term.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I finish current contract on the 18th and start a new one on the 5th. So I have a nice couple of weeks at home

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Two weeks off for me.
    +1, with perhaps a day or so of stuff to tie up at home.

I plan to see no one except family, and do as little as humanely possible

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Clientco want me in on 22nd and 29th. I was planning to work until 23rd anyway.

So one day minimum for me. To be fair to them they've said come in or not the other days up to me which is pretty decent.
    Would have been nice to have two weeks off but cant complain. Get me off my backside and earning at least.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Two weeks off for me.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    19 days enforced by clientco - waaahoooo, havent had that much time off since school! (half a century ago)

Boss perterbed that my plan for my time off is more detailed than my ClientCo project Plan
    I thought your borstal never let you out?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    19 days enforced by clientco - waaahoooo, havent had that much time off since school! (half a century ago)

Boss perterbed that my plan for my time off is more detailed than my ClientCo project Plan
    Mine is looking solid

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Both are probably equally accurate. One is just less detailed to allow events to unfold without having to redo it every 5 minutes..

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    2 week furlough from Clientco but will work through Plan B during that time as usual.
    WHS, but not working on Plan B, enjoying time with the kids as it ties up nicely with their school holiday, might try and squeeze a flight over to Spain to see the parents and surprise them

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Off from the 20th till the 5th - it's when my contract ended and also I'm going to find some Christmas Sun, just like Jesus would've had

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DannyF1966
    replied
    My contract was due to finish at the end of the year, and I was planning on taking a week or two off in Jan while looking for something else, but it's now been extended to the end of March so I'm going to treat myself to a fortnight off over Xmas/New Year.

Won't be going anywhere exciting though, unless you count bathroom showrooms exciting. Been promising myself some home improvements for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    Thanks for the reminder

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I do, I like to bleed radiators over the 2 weeks.
    Plan B needs new gas certificates in 3 weeks time.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mickey View Post
    Hey all,

Do you tend take days off during Christmas at all? I feel stingy due to loss of daily rate exacerbated by exorbitant airfares and hotel prices, which like trebles the damage.

Thoughts?
    Finish on the 18th, back 28,29,30, off 1,2,3,4,5.

If I wasn't working from home, I'd have the three days off in the middle as well like I normally do.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    2 week furlough from Clientco but will work through Plan B during that time as usual.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X