• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PM FAO Forbes Young"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Marketing logic

What if ones partner is off on holiday or at home with the tulips? Is it alright to talk to another partner in those circumstances, or would they say 'sorry sir, it's not my job', and get back to their sudoku?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Like I said

Dragons den eat your heart out

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    This just means he's a one man band so he personally deals with all clients, hey I might start using that on my marketing literature.
    they are advertising 4 partners. I suspect its nice to have one contact instead of having a team that you have to explain your problem to each individually.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    This just means he's a one man band so he personally deals with all clients, hey I might start using that on my marketing literature.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Marketing logic

What if ones partner is off on holiday or at home with the tulips? Is it alright to talk to another partner in those circumstances, or would they say 'sorry sir, it's not my job', and get back to their sudoku?
    If that's what the model says, then it must be so.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Marketing logic

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    a one to one with one table does not preclude a one to many on another.

For instance If you had a father table you could have a one to one table with child's mother but a one to many relationship with a children table. The mother can have multiple children or partners but can only have a one to one relationship with other parent.
    Indeed. I suppose it's a relationship defined by the firm, so one to many would be correct. Each customer is dealing with one Forbes and Young partner.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That's not a one-to-one relationship.

HTH
    Ah, it's marketing redefining logic again.

What is one-to-one-marketing (1:1 marketing)? - Definition from WhatIs.com

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So the customer is forbidden from going to other <whatever it is Forbes Young does>?

Table Relationships | Database Primer

HTH
    a one to one with one table does not preclude a one to many on another.

For instance If you had a father table you could have a one to one table with child's mother but a one to many relationship with a children table. The mother can have multiple children or partners but can only have a one to one relationship with other parent.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Forbes Young View Post
    Each client has an assigned partner as their accountant and tax adviser. Each partner deals with their own portfolio of clients. So clients aren't asked to contact a different member of staff depending what their query is - they always deal with a Forbes Young partner.
    That's not a one-to-one relationship.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Forbes Young
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Eh. How does that work? That would mean that each of your partners only deals with one client.
    Each client has an assigned partner as their accountant and tax adviser. Each partner deals with their own portfolio of clients. So clients aren't asked to contact a different member of staff depending what their query is - they always deal with a Forbes Young partner.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    The client deals with one partner their relationship is "One to one". Without intermediaries that doesn't exclude One to Many relationships for the Partner.
    So the customer is forbidden from going to other <whatever it is Forbes Young does>?

Table Relationships | Database Primer

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    trying to market his business through General

He has a lot to learn

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    The client deals with one partner their relationship is "One to one". Without intermediaries that doesn't exclude One to Many relationships for the Partner.
    Yeah, I know that is the reality and was what was meant but it's not how I read it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Eh. How does that work? That would mean that each of your partners only deals with one client.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X