• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A little bit Reckless"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Beats me why anyone spends time posting on or reading Twitter. I think my favourite pastime of staring at the wall is more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I think the current coalition may well have put people off the idea of coalitions for a while and this time we'll see a clear winner.

Please don't quote that when we get a rainbow coalition next May.
    The appetite for a coalition may not be there, but one party having sufficient support to gain a clear majority I sincerely doubt.

In the likely event of a coalition the real question is can one stay together for more than a few months?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    That's what Dave wants to happen. I think the genie is out of the bottle though. SNP in Scotland will probably be a significant bloc at Westminster. UKIP in England could well emulate some of that success too. The complacent idea that it's either Labour or Tories and they each take their turn for a decade or so is starting to look a little old fashioned. When it's that approach which has got the country in the state it is, you can hardly blame the electorate for looking for alternatives, regardless of the parliamentary chaos which ensues.
    I think the current coalition may well have put people off the idea of coalitions for a while and this time we'll see a clear winner.

Please don't quote that when we get a rainbow coalition next May.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Nothing to see here. Come the general election people will vote for who they want to run the country again. A by-election win doesn't mean a thing.
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    That's what Dave said.
    That's what Dave wants to happen. I think the genie is out of the bottle though. SNP in Scotland will probably be a significant bloc at Westminster. UKIP in England could well emulate some of that success too. The complacent idea that it's either Labour or Tories and they each take their turn for a decade or so is starting to look a little old fashioned. When it's that approach which has got the country in the state it is, you can hardly blame the electorate for looking for alternatives, regardless of the parliamentary chaos which ensues.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Nothing to see here. Come the general election people will vote for who they want to run the country again. A by-election win doesn't mean a thing.
    That's what Dave said.

Originally posted by TaxInspector View Post
    I'm all for UKIP, they are for the common man. It cant be write that all the rich gits the 1% take all the national cake. Hopeully they will strengthen HMRC.
    Incredibly unlikely, if anything I could see them reducing HMRC's depredations outside of MNCs. You could always apply to be a border control officer, or get a real job.

Trolling's generally a safe occupation on these fora, though.
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 21 November 2014, 12:38.

Leave a comment:

• TaxInspector
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Perhaps they could invest some in giving spelling lessons
    This snobby attitude is why UKIP is getting all the votes

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TaxInspector View Post
    I'm all for UKIP, they are for the common man. It cant be write that all the rich gits the 1% take all the national cake. Hopeully they will strengthen HMRC.
    Perhaps they could invest some in giving spelling lessons

Leave a comment:

• TaxInspector
    replied

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I agree. it did not offend me or anyone I know
    The original astonishment was from Thornberry and the massive overeaction was from the labour party and millipede
    Here is another one she posted. This one has a black guy in it though, so she got away with it. Close call though....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of the 'offensive' element of that. It's a picture of the house, and it says 'Image from Rochester'.

The offence has been inferred. It doesn't say 'Look at these chavs, still got their world cup stuff up'. Or 'terraces, white vans, england flags, INKSPE'

The reaction says more than the original tweet could ever have done.
    I agree. it did not offend me or anyone I know
    The original astonishment was from Thornberry and the massive overeaction was from the labour party and millipede

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    He was looking in the mirror at the time

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Yep. Why would we want to trade our goods, services and labour with our neighbours when we could go back to driving British Leyland cars, holidaying in Bognor Regis and thinking mashed potato is exotic. Vote UKIP! Yesterday's Britain Tomorrow!
    I hardly think that the curtailment of freedom of self serving IT contractors to ply their trade accross the European Union is going to hold back the advance of mankind

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    What about Thornberry ?

Being proud of your country is now so astonishing to the left, so gobsmacking, that they have to stop and take pictures of it then tweet them around

I'm not sure what to make of the 'offensive' element of that. It's a picture of the house, and it says 'Image from Rochester'.

The offence has been inferred. It doesn't say 'Look at these chavs, still got their world cup stuff up'. Or 'terraces, white vans, england flags, INKSPE'

The reaction says more than the original tweet could ever have done.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The Scots aren't anti-EU.
    Of course not they give good handouts

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    With who? Originally they talked about a coalition with the Tories, then came the talk about a coalition with Labour so it only seems the Lib Dems that they haven't mentioned having a coalition with.
    Lib Dems got 0.87% of the vote yesterday. That's not gonna get them into a coalition with anyone. Even if we had proportional representation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X