• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "All quite on the Contract Front"

Collapse

• cherhill
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Remember

1) that you started this current battle by celebrating MF leaving and Churchie being banned and marking me and d00hg down as the next two in footer that was banned as inappropriate by mods. As such I believe you are totally and utterly fair game and this is self inflicted...
    2) this travelling lark is making you ill and you have continually complained that you only took it because you couldn't find anything nearer home.
    3) there is a certain irony in providing advice on the exact same topic you were asking for advice on last previous week...
    Did Churchill get banned? What a result, I missed that. He was a right knob. Get in

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    See even NAT agrees you were whining

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Is this the same sig that was removed because of your whining?
    Yes it was. Based on the principle that sigs are viewable across forums, so could be seen in one of the professional forums, where such a sig wouldn't be allowed.

Now, will you two get a room, or put each other on your ignore lists?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    May I refer you to your previous (passive aggressive) footer which was removed by NotAllThere....

Look just stop bed wetting and admit defeat. Then go and take some time off over Christmas when your current contract has finished and work out how to rebuild your career in a way that doesn't continually mess up your health..

Finally Man the F*** up
    Is this the same sig that was removed because of your whining?

Why don't you STFU. stop whining and stop being a general nuisance on this board?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I defy you to post a link to any bullying carried out on this board by me.
    May I refer you to your previous (passive aggressive) footer which was removed by NotAllThere....

Look just stop bed wetting and admit defeat. Then go and take some time off over Christmas when your current contract has finished and work out how to rebuild your career in a way that doesn't continually mess up your health..

Finally Man the F*** up
    Last edited by eek; 18 November 2014, 20:13.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    No Suity being bullied and battered is purely down to Suity's failed attempts to bully others resulting in him making himself fair game...
    I defy you to post a link to any bullying carried out on this board by me.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Gave up on contracting. I free-lance and consult now. its a lot more work. A lot of travel and networking at first. Now I have a steady clientele and work from home 80% of the time. And the big bonus is .... no agents!

Give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
    This was the first time I'd walked out on a project, I just sensed a lot of trouble ahead. I since hear and seen they still haven't delivered some 18 months on.
    No harm in doing that, at all. You do what you need to do - it is your career.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Some gigs just aren't worth your health. Seen a couple.

Leave a comment:

• Shackattack
    replied
    Oh dear. Do you get this a lot?

This was the first time I'd walked out on a project, I just sensed a lot of trouble ahead. I since hear and seen they still haven't delivered some 18 months on.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Guys first of all thanks for your responses, some really good advise from all off you and honestly it's really made a difference, Kaiser yours stands out as it really hits the nail on the head. Also the one about going to a library strangely seems to resonate to name but a few.

Everyone thanks for your great advice, I think you are right look on the bright side, I think I've made the most of my time, I recently did a MSP and Scrum master course, ordered all the books which i still need to read through. I've hit the gym hard and even my brother who visited recently said I had gone through delardification, (Cheecky bugger, only brothers can get away that).

You can get a bit down especially when your fielding calls from recruiters who just seem to be professionals at wasting your time, you know the type, "Hello Mr Smith, I've just matched your CV with a couple of keywords like "the" and "and" and think you would be perfect for a job flower arranging in Plymouth for £1.50 an hour.."

Also I reckon I have sounded a bit desperate sometimes which I'm sure probably doesn't help, so top of my to do list is get to the library. Anyway seriously peeps thanks.
    advice

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Share a tip or two on that, will ya?

And this came at the cost of Suity getting bullied and battered !
    No Suity being bullied and battered is purely down to Suity's failed attempts to bully others resulting in him making himself fair game...

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    through. I've hit the gym hard and even my brother who visited recently said I had gone through delardification, (Cheecky bugger, only brothers can get away that).
    Share a tip or two on that, will ya?

Also I reckon I have sounded a bit desperate sometimes which I'm sure probably doesn't help, so top of my to do list is get to the library. Anyway seriously peeps thanks.
    And this came at the cost of Suity getting bullied and battered !

Leave a comment:

• Shackattack
    replied
    Overwhelmed with thre response.

Guys first of all thanks for your responses, some really good advise from all off you and honestly it's really made a difference, Kaiser yours stands out as it really hits the nail on the head. Also the one about going to a library strangely seems to resonate to name but a few.

Everyone thanks for your great advice, I think you are right look on the bright side, I think I've made the most of my time, I recently did a MSP and Scrum master course, ordered all the books which i still need to read through. I've hit the gym hard and even my brother who visited recently said I had gone through delardification, (Cheecky bugger, only brothers can get away that).

You can get a bit down especially when your fielding calls from recruiters who just seem to be professionals at wasting your time, you know the type, "Hello Mr Smith, I've just matched your CV with a couple of keywords like "the" and "and" and think you would be perfect for a job flower arranging in Plymouth for £1.50 an hour.."

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Keeping eek on ignore didn't quite work out then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X