• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Using a burner phone for punting"

Collapse

• zoco
    replied
    As luck would have it, my needs are now not quite so urgent.

Have had a few civvy results of late

Showed a few damsels in distress what to do with their nudges and the next thing I'm round the back experiencing a skill feature of a very different kind

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    And yet, one of them is banned but the other is left to post more tulipe.
    Indeed, but that's a matter than you can take up with the site Admin and Moderators, I suspect they'd rather keep the trolling sockies than cut the number of posts, never mind that some real posters don't bother due to the sockies.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Most likely scenario. The Zoco and nigelsousa sockies were posting as a self supporting pair.
    And yet, one of them is banned but the other is left to post more tulipe.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I assumed punting was something that one did on the Cam

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    If it's PAYG the network will deregister it if you don't turn it on fairly regularly.
    You just need to send a text/make a call every 4-6 months or so.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I assumed that punting was in being a punter like punternet.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Couldn't you just leave it switched off until you're looking again? I'm not sure I see the need for a 'burner' for that. You're not Stringer Bell you know!
    I use a YAC number, and if I want to disable it, I just switch off forwarding, change the voicemail message and agents can leave me a voicemail via email.

Plus it costs them lots to ring me.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I have a "burner" phone for pimps, when I get a contract I get rid and pickup a new one when it comes to start looking again
    Couldn't you just leave it switched off until you're looking again? I'm not sure I see the need for a 'burner' for that. You're not Stringer Bell you know!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I have a "burner" phone for pimps, when I get a contract I get rid and pickup a new one when it comes to start looking again

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Or he was just in the wrong tab and didn't post this under the newly banned sockie as some form of attention whoring. Maybe.
    Most likely scenario. The Zoco and nigelsousa sockies were posting as a self supporting pair.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

As to what zoco is punting (offering for hire or sale for ready money), whether here or on some other forum: some questions are best left unanswered

Though he, she, or it seems to have had ~9 minutes in which to avail himself, herself, or itself of the "Delete thread" capability that remains available until the first reply is posted
    Or he was just in the wrong tab and didn't post this under the newly banned sockie as some form of attention whoring. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• yasockie
    replied
    I'm guessing 'punting' in this context is to set up a Tinder account so that the lady no1 doesn't find out about the lady no2 (and 3 and 4 and 5 -that's how Tinder is designed to work).

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    (for reasons I have never understood - seriously, do you need unlimited texts?)
    According to a conversation a couple of years ago I got the impression that Yanks get charged for each text and it's none too cheap.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    is this really where 20 million years of evolution have got us ?

or am I just an old f@rt ?

on second thoughts. dont answer that

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper
    It didn't work - couldn't find any delete option
    Ah well, never mind

Leave a comment:

Working...
X