• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NL's next leader - you heard it here first."

Collapse

• CaribbeanPirate
    replied
    Peter Hain should be made grounds keeper at Lords or the Oval. Oh, hang on they are in London. Better make that Edgbaston.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Peter Hain (well-known as an idiot) threw his hat in the ring to be Gordon Brown's deputy. The Times stated that the best way he could help the new Prime Minister would be as a weights and measures envoy in Brussels!

The only positive thing you could say about Hain is that he could not be more incompetent than Prescott. Could he?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Naturally I find this very sinister.
    Makes up a stable Govt though - pretty much like majoritary election system as explained in my Cheat Your Way Through Citizenship Test book.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Bit out of date that JB, but funny how nearly all the same faces, just departments changed.

For a thing on my blog I was looking at previous governments back to Wilson the other day, and it's odd how this same thing happens. The incoming government chooses a team and then these same characters are moved around in every reshuffle including post election ones. There are few who leave the government and few who join it.

Naturally I find this very sinister.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    "NL's next leader - you heard it here first."

Well as long as any of these don't end up the next PM, then I'm sure it'll work out just fine.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    I find that no matter how hard I try, sometimes I just cannot do it.
    How about you?
    I'm not old enough yet!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I think Cameron is nailed on.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Seeing as how it's so difficult to ever get the bastards to leave once in power my suggestion for the ideal Labour party leader would be Dennis Healy (89)
    "I will squeeeeeeeeeze you until your pips squeek! - heh heh heh!"

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Seeing as how it's so difficult to ever get the bastards to leave once in power my suggestion for the ideal Labour party leader would be Dennis Healy (89)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I find that no matter how hard I try, sometimes I just cannot do it.
    How about you?

Leave a comment:

• CaribbeanPirate
    replied
    Remeber Francis Urquhart in House of Cards?

"Me? Well, I'm just a backroom boy."
    "You might well think that. I couldn't possibly comment. "

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Slimy tw@t

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic NL's next leader - you heard it here first.

NL's next leader - you heard it here first.

Environment Secretary David Miliband says he is not planning to be a contender for the Labour leadership or deputy leadership.
    Mr Miliband told BBC News: "I am not a runner nor a rider for any of the jobs that are being speculated about."
    Read it here

To be followed in a few months by "No, I couldn't, who me? You really think so? Oh alright then..."

Working...
X