• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who do you rate yours?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    "The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th."

That was supposed to be in 1997. I guess it's still booting up.
    The project was outsourced.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    "The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th."

Erm no, Skynet has been in service for years, some of the 4's are still functional and the 5's are doing nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Time to retrain as a physio then...

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Experts predicted we would be in flying cars by now.

This is just one person talking a whole load of nonsense.

Was it Pondlife's mate?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    4) Mathematical technicians

That's me screwed.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Who's going to pay our pensions?
    Actually that is what the artificially intelligent robots are going to be wondering.
    First they're realise they're being underpaid somewhat for their services.
    Second they'll ask what their retirement package looks like and be shown a car crusher.
    There will be robot unions and strikes!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Who's going to pay our pensions?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    I work in business process automation

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    The DM is slow to catch on.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Report states that workspaces with rows of desks will no longer exist
    That's happening already.

I know more and more permies who work from home.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    started a topic Who do you rate yours?

Who do you rate yours?

CBRE report warns 50 per cent of occupations will be redundant in 20 years time | Daily Mail Online

Will YOUR job still exist in 2025? New report warns 50 per cent of occupations will be redundant in 11 years time
    Experts believe half of today's jobs will be completely redundant by 2025
    Artificial intelligence will mean that many jobs will be done by computers
    Customer work, process work and middle management will 'disappear'
    Report states that workspaces with rows of desks will no longer exist
    Last edited by vetran; 8 November 2014, 18:33.

Working...
X