• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Please explain this story to me"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    I liked Gricer. I wonder if he'll pop up again any time soon...

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    Contrary to a certain sockie obsessed poster, I'm yet to be acquainted with this Gricer character .
    Gricer always had an interesting story to relate about the highways and byways of life's trivialities. More power to his elbow, I say.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Contrary to a certain sockie obsessed poster, I'm yet to be acquainted with this Gricer character .
    Bulltulip (and the phrase that your Gittins Gal one complains about ... LIAR).

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    They are indeed dmus.

However you would have to consult Gricer over the finer points thereof.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I use TPex to get to Manchester from leafy commuter town.

Takes approx. 50 minutes which is same as in the car with no traffic

Rush hour trains can never get a seat but pay the £14 for the privilege.

Which when you consider I can drive, park and eat for £14 a day makes it obvious why I use the car.

Shame really as the trains we get are okay.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Not wishing to create the impression that I know anything about trains but is that otherwise known as a DMU? Or, more specifically, a bubblecar DMU?
    Considering one of your many sockpuppets is Gricerboy that's an even more ridiculous statement than you generally post.

What the story amounts to is that the rail services for the Northern Cities are atrocious, travel times high and comfort negligible.
    Transport infrastructure up here is pretty crap basically.

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    It doesn't have bogeys at all.

It's a fecking bus on rails.

In other news, the Class 150 was 33 minute late this morning because of lack of driver.
    Not wishing to create the impression that I know anything about trains but is that otherwise known as a DMU? Or, more specifically, a bubblecar DMU?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    What's the saying....If you are frequently taking public transport over the age of 30 your life is a failure
    Never heard that, it must be something middle-aged losers say to themselves to relieve the bitterness as they spend 3 hours a day on the motorway.

Unless you meant because you have a chauffeur.

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    Class 185 and Class 350.

Dunno what they're complaining about.

Ought to try the Class 150/Class 153 crap that's down here.
    Trainspotter? Weirdo!

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    less
    What's the saying....If you are frequently taking public transport over the age of 30 your life is a failure

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    not doing much for our image guys, next it will be does the 140 have single our double bogeys? (Hint I don't care).

Who says IT guys are a bunch of train spotting anoraks?

had an interesting talk with some DOT guys at the station the other day apparently the train companies pack the trains so they can try to force the government to subsidise upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Is rush hour when they all go and collect their benefits just before the pub opens?
    In addition to what DaveB said earlier, they queue for the "50p off a weatherspoon's pint" tokens before the damn thing @ Leeds station opens.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    The Pacers are basically Leyland Atlantean buses on a BR standard wagon frame.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

This^ is standard conveyance (which may be a 144 rather than a 142. In either case, it's ******* tulipe.

Transpennine Express is a different company. They do Liverpool to Newcastle/Hull/Scarbrough via Manchester, Huddersfield, Leeds and York.
    Looks like what they use for the commuter trains into Glasgow

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Oh.

This says they don't use 'em any more.

First TransPennine Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is the "Express" bit different then?
    TPEx is the main East-West service and is very regular and very good, the rest of West Yorkshire Metro and I know MerseyRail still use the 142's, and are bloody cold in the Winter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X