• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So...anybody ask for any of this?"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    And can I deduct the membership fee?
    Oh crap...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Join up and find out!
    But that involves effort! And can I deduct the membership fee?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Who is the second?
    Join up and find out!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    2 CUK old hands now elected to the ipse BOD, + several CUK snipers on the ipse CC, 12 more months and takeover complete - well done all

banana
    Who is the second?

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    2 BOD's In

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Posting on CUK will not change ipse policy, being on the Ipse CC committee will !!!

It's not exactly a high bar to get elected (just about a walk in) or if your female it is a walk in !!

Thus if several vocal CUK(ipse members) stand for the elections you can set policy rather than whinging about how bad it is.
    2 CUK old hands now elected to the ipse BOD, + several CUK snipers on the ipse CC, 12 more months and takeover complete - well done all

banana

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Contractor body hands Osborne its Autumn Statement wishlist :: Contractor UK

Barring the merger of NI and PAYE... but unless they kept overall tax rates low, that wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.
    How did that wishlist go again?

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    The IPSE Manifesto for Scotland is now out if anyone is interested.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/sites/default...o-Scotland.pdf

The IPSE Manifesto for Scotland is now out even if you aren't interested.
    Why is there a 14 year old spiv on page [numbered as 8, page 12 of the pdf]?

When will the Welsh version come out, and will it be basically the same, just with more green and white / yellow and black colouring instead of blue?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    The IPSE Manifesto for Scotland is now out if anyone is interested.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/sites/default...o-Scotland.pdf

The IPSE Manifesto for Scotland is now out even if you aren't interested.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Key View Post
    I am an PCG / IPSE member (only 5 years) and I'm not happy with the FLC concept because of the roundel aspect. We're just going to end up with middle-class zero hours contracts taxed as if within IR35.
    Please make your opinion known on the IPSE forums as well - even if it's only looking at the posts about FLCs and liking some of them. At least it might show that it's not just the same handful of people trying to discuss the issue there.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Key
    replied
    I am Spartacus

I am an PCG / IPSE member (only 5 years) and I'm not happy with the FLC concept because of the roundel aspect. We're just going to end up with middle-class zero hours contracts taxed as if within IR35.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    If you saw what I pay QDOS I'm not freeloading. Just don't like IPSE as far as I can throw them. And that was prior to the rebrand and targetting of people better supported by the GMB or Unison...
    I forgot the

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    The IPSE members on this thread have posted over there too. Some freeloaders posters on this thread aren't IPSE members. The point that this will affect both members and non-members has been made, along with the fact that it isn't reasonable to expect people to join an organisation whose strategy they disagree with just to get their voice heard.

Some light reading

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-2003-act.html

And welcome to CUK. Do you like films about Gladiators?
    If you saw what I pay QDOS I'm not freeloading. Just don't like IPSE as far as I can throw them. And that was prior to the rebrand and targetting of people better supported by the GMB or Unison...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightwave View Post
    But if only about 4 rank and file PCG members can be arsed to post on the forum about it, perhaps it's all over?
    Any IPSE-PCG members on here need to get over to that forum, read the threads and think hard.
    The IPSE members on this thread have posted over there too. Some freeloaders posters on this thread aren't IPSE members. The point that this will affect both members and non-members has been made, along with the fact that it isn't reasonable to expect people to join an organisation whose strategy they disagree with just to get their voice heard.

Originally posted by Lightwave View Post
    TBH I'm oblivious to these opting out regs, are they supposed to make my boat or motorbike slower? Or have they made me poorer without me noticing?
    Some light reading

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-2003-act.html

And welcome to CUK. Do you like films about Gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• Lightwave
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You only have to look at the opting out of agency regulations to show how others can create a world of pain based on the best intentions of others (PCG)...
    TBH I'm oblivious to these opting out regs, are they supposed to make my boat or motorbike slower? Or have they made me poorer without me noticing?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    It could be speculated that the IPSE management posters on here wanted the debate moving to the IPSE fora because there's so little active traffic there. I think you will find that those engaged on the IPSE fora are probably also posting on here.

IPSE management claim a mandate for all of their membership, but if they were honest they would realise that a very significant proportion of their "membership" are simply insurance customers who wouldn't be members without the PCG+ or whatever it's called now product.

Like you I'm very concerned by the lack of engagement by contractors and the supposedly representative IPSE management over this issue as you can see from this and related threads on here I consider FLC's to be a recipe for disaster and I'm far from the only one with that view.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X