• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Haggling abroad

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Haggling abroad"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    how much time and effort are you willing to put in to save a quid or two?

you will probably find it is more than the time and effort to earn it.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Haggling in the underground market at Connaught place in Delhi is fun / nightmare.

"Some" faces attract (actual price x 10) as default price.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by CheekyStarfish View Post
    Having a nightmare travelling with the other half who is willing to simply handover the first price requested. Currently asked for about a tenner for 4 postcards and stamps in T'gypt until I stepped in with a "whoaaaaaa!!!"

Anyone had any nightmarish tales?
    Five dorrar can go a long way if you're willing to haggle.

Leave a comment:

• Craig@Clarity
    replied
    Unfortunately the marriage rules don't apply the same over here as they do back home otherwise.....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    FTFY
    Second place is just the first place loser. - Dale Earnhardt at BrainyQuote

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    OLOBQ

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    OBBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvZgwtpPmLY

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    I'd have expected a camel or two at the very least.
    If he's trying to get rid of his wife, why does he want another camel?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by CheekyStarfish View Post
    Having a nightmare travelling with the other half who is willing to simply handover the first price requested. Currently asked for about a tenner for 4 postcards and stamps in T'gypt until I stepped in with a "whoaaaaaa!!!"

A tenner and 4 postcards for the missus!? Tight wads, I'd have expected a camel or two at the very least.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Oh, I thought you said haggling for a broad.....

Leave a comment:

• Craig@Clarity
    replied
    Haggling abroad

I try but the judge always looks a bit annoyed when I do...something about "circus" and "being serious"..blah blah

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You mean you don't haggle in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• Craig@Clarity
    started a topic Haggling abroad

Haggling abroad

Working...
X