• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone here have a wife who bills more than him?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    If you live with someone and you do not know what they earn there are considerable communication and trust issues going on.
    That would only be the case if the information was withheld. I don't even know how much I earn - because my wife does the books. Of course, I could find out by checking bank statements or running a P&L report on the accounts software.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    How so? Btw, wtf does commination mean, is it another of your "I've got 3 degrees" made up words?

Just asking, like.

commination: the action of threatening divine vengeance. That will be autocorrect then.

Anyways, if you don't know how much your beautiful wife earns then there is something with your relationship.
    Last edited by administrator; 2 November 2014, 10:26. Reason: auto correct bot fixing typo

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Quite the admission of incompetence.

Did you know your father?
    Off course he knew the milkman....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I don't know how much my wife earns. I care even less. What I earn and what she earns goes into the same pot. The bills are paid and what is left goes into savings.

What's the problem?
    Quite the admission of incompetence.

Did you know your father?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    We really must do something about the poor.
    Give them cake?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Ditto. I know ballpark what he gets ish. Not sure he has much of a clue nor cares what I get. Possibly the disinterest is afforded by the luxury of having enough money not to worry.
    We really must do something about the poor.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Me too, why do you assume otherwise?
    Ditto. I know ballpark what he gets ish. Not sure he has much of a clue nor cares what I get. Possibly the disinterest is afforded by the luxury of having enough money not to worry.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Your post, rather deliberately for the sake of confrontation I suspect, implied you had no idea whatsoever what your wife earned. You must have some idea, surely?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Anyone here have a wife who bills more than him?

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    It meant, quite obviously, communication - don't deflect. Not knowing what your partner earns in a serious relationship is.....odd, at the very least.

I mean, don't get me wrong I couldn't quote my wife's take home, but I could get it if we needed to budget something.

Oh, that's it, you're being a twat. Good luck with your new career. Practice makes perfect.
    Last edited by Churchill; 2 November 2014, 00:20.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    How so? Btw, wtf does commination mean, is it another of your "I've got 3 degrees" made up words?

Just asking, like.
    It meant, quite obviously, communication - don't deflect. Not knowing what your partner earns in a serious relationship is.....odd, at the very least.

I mean, don't get me wrong I couldn't quote my wife's take home, but I could get it if we needed to budget something.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    If you live with someone and you do not know what they earn there are considerable commination and trust issues going on.

Just asking, like.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I don't know how much my wife earns. I care even less. What I earn and what she earns goes into the same pot. The bills are paid and what is left goes into savings.

What's the problem?
    If you live with someone and you do not know what they earn there are considerable commination and trust issues going on.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

What's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    The wife is very clever, she can read something and assimilate that knowledge instantly, let's say a holiday itinerary, one scan and it is fully in memory where as I would have to refer back to it again and again. "what time was the bus at?" But if I disconnected the HDMI from the back of the TV we would be listening to the radio for a week.
    If she was "that" clever she wouldn't be in a relationship with you. Unless of course you're a hobby, you're someone who keeps her entertained with his foolish japes.

Leave a comment:

• SQLSwerver
    replied
    WTF does that mean?

Any your wife.
    Probably that she's an extremely sly woman.

What the f\ck does "WTF" mean?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X