• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Things women say

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Things women say"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Drives me fecking mad.

I sit at the opposite end of a long living room to the telly, but seem to have a semi-permanent football crowd behind my right ear.
    Well you should be ok, as long as they don't start throwing bottles.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 2 November 2014, 09:40.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Things women say

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Thank you, may I have another 😜

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I should have said "despised sad lonely old man".

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    This one's yours NAT...

Nope, I really didn't like this one.

Leave a comment:

• SQLSwerver
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    But you watch Dr Who on the 4K projector, yes?

She has some say in what items she has to dust. You see we have what is known as "a relationship". This involves sharing and living together. Also, my self worth isn't bound up in having control over my income, and I won't die a sad lonely man.
    True, but clearly your self-worth IS wholly dependant upon having any relationship whatsoever, regardless of how one-sided it is.

As for your status at the time of death...jury is still out on that one, bud.

Forget the wife for an evening and try a strip club. Should inject some much needed testosterone, methinks.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    How does it sound from the kitchen?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Drives me fecking mad.

I sit at the opposite end of a long living room to the telly, but seem to have a semi-permanent football crowd behind my right ear.
    How does it sound from the kitchen?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Things men say:

"What?! There's years left in that and the picture's excellent!"

So I'm stuck with a humongous 36" CRT (it was expensive new, mind...)
    But you watch Dr Who on the 4K projector, yes?

Originally posted by SQLSwerver View Post
    I don't see what it has to do with either wife...
    She has some say in what items she has to dust. You see we have what is known as "a relationship". This involves sharing and living together. Also, my self worth isn't bound up in having control over my income, and I won't die a sad lonely man.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    FYI, I'm in a permanently bad mood.

Finally we have something in common.

Leave a comment:

• SQLSwerver
    replied
    1) It's not about the money, it's about whether you want your living room to be a living room or a shrine to the TV - something that can have very detrimental effect on a relationship.
    It's a telly.

2) They may or may not "substantially outearn" their wives. However, that's a huge assumption on your part. At least one of the wives in question has a career which probably means she substantially outearns the average sql server contractor.
    You do realise that men (do I need to specify "as a group"?) outearn women, don't you? Given that you do, then no, actually it's a pretty safe estimate. As for this alleged superwoman - well, I'll see her, and raise you my girlfriends Kelly Brook and Jessica Alba.

3) The concept of a relationship is that each party contributes in the way that suits the relationship best. Saying that the money is mine and I'll spend it on whatever I want is a fairly sure fire way to ensure you lose half of it in the divorce courts...
    That's a very long-standing argument against marriage, but you've just put it better than I've read in years.

But each to their own.
    Better yet, to each his own.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I don't see what it has to do with either wife - statistically, the odds are very high indeed that you are substantially outearning your respective spouses, he who pays the 4k chooses the screen size and all that, so both girls need to get their paws out of your wallets.
    Not that high....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Does rather explain your mood swings.
    FYI, I'm in a permanently bad mood.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I don't see what it has to do with either wife - statistically, the odds are very high indeed that you are substantially outearning your respective spouses, he who pays the 4k chooses the screen size and all that, so both girls need to get their paws out of your wallets.
    1) It's not about the money, it's about whether you want your living room to be a living room or a shrine to the TV - something that can have very detrimental effect on a relationship.

2) They may or may not "substantially outearn" their wives. However, that's a huge assumption on your part. At least one of the wives in question has a career which probably means she substantially outearns the average sql server contractor.

3) The concept of a relationship is that each party contributes in the way that suits the relationship best. Saying that the money is mine and I'll spend it on whatever I want is a fairly sure fire way to ensure you lose half of it in the divorce courts...

But each to their own.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I was the one who bought said TV in the end.

As Mr N is a permie I don't think I'll be getting a similarly expensive prezzie for my 40th this year.

Leave a comment:

• SQLSwerver
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My wife's response when we saw one when we were out shopping was "oooh, we should get one".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X