• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Female CUK posters - how would you react at the Robbie Williams giving birth antics?"

Collapse

• pjclarke
    replied
    It is an honour just to be mentioned in the same post as the comic satirical genius and puller of Konnie Huq.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    I'm not sure that middle-aged male nerds are RW's target audience.

I'll leave it up to you to decide whether the middle-aged nerd label should be applied to yourself or Mr Brooker.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm interested how you objectively measure how much emotion an artist puts into the lyrics and/or the performance of a song. It's more about how it resonates with the recipient... two people can watch the same film and one will describe the lead actor as mesmerising, the other as wooden and unconvincing.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Cool idea. Google-Fu

There's a word for this sort of thing. It's not "art", it's "content". And it's everywhere, measured out by unseen hands, mechanically dangled over the replicants' flapping gobholes; flavourless worms for android hatchlings.

Sometimes I can ALMOST see where content is coming from. Take Angels by Robbie Williams. It's a massively popular piece of content, beloved by millions. If I strain really hard, I can just about make out some genuine emotion. Just a speck or two - but enough to make its huge success at least vaguely explicable. Compared with anything that has any semblance of balls whatsoever, Angels is a bowl of cold mud - but next to most content, it's a towering emotional epic. It almost makes you feel something. No wonder it's become the official theme tune for thick people's funerals.

Charlie Brooker: Supposing ... Sandi Thom is the musical antichrist | Comment is free | The Guardian

Its about his aunt and uncle. Obviously.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Thanks, however that doesn't really address the question.
    The internet has the answers.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Thanks, however that doesn't really address the question.

And he apperently wishes to entertain me with tea. Are there biscuits?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    ... and his songs make no sense. I mean, loving angels instead of what, exactly?
    ROBBIE WILLIAMS LYRICS - Angels

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    I'd be wanting a refund ...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I would. (Although I have no idea what this thread is about)
    If you conceived by him you would not want him there at the birth :-

Robbie Williams video: 11 things you don’t want to hear when you’re in labour - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    ... and his songs make no sense. I mean, loving angels instead of what, exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    WHS
    +1

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I recall this character flaw of yours, I think we've had this discussion before. He is REVOLTING and that's a fact.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    That man is among my least favourite people on the face of the planet.

Still, or based on his younger days? He used to be a grade-A berk but the most recent interviews I've heard him give he seems to have matured and calmed down rather a lot (granted it's about bloody time).
    Last edited by d000hg; 28 October 2014, 12:04.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    That man is among my least favourite people on the face of the planet.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    There aren't any, there all AtW's Fembots.
    Fembot? Isn't that another name for a front bottom?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X