• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: LinkedIn Totty

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LinkedIn Totty"

Collapse

• BigRed
    replied
    Totally out of order

It's obvious she's only mid table.

I did have one agent contact me who's photo was too professional looking so I searched some photo agencies online for 'blonde businesswoman looking at laptop' and found the photo. I replied saying I would be interested in the role and a link to the photo, never heard from her again.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Julie Lerman for me every time.

Phwoarr!!

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    The sad thing is she replied with an ageist comment. Something like think twice before complementing a women half your age.
    She's clearly quite demented.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    both weird!

oh they are made for each other :

Charlotte Proudman in LinkedIn sexism storm and the men SHE ogled online | Daily Mail Online

However, it emerged yesterday that the award-winning human rights barrister has commented on pictures of men on Facebook herself to praise their looks.

She also told female friends they looked ‘sexy’ and ‘stunning’ – the same word used by Mr Carter-Silk.

On the profile of a postgraduate student at Cambridge, where Miss Proudman is on sabbatical from her chambers to study for a PhD, she wrote: ‘Hot stuff!’, while under an image of a long-haired male friend, she wrote: ‘oooo lalala!’

However, in a blog on the left-wing website Left Foot Forward, Ms Proudman wrote: 'The crux of the matter is that men live and work in a brutal society, which is maintained through stratified social order based on ritual humiliation, gentleman's clubs, fights, rites of passage, sexism, and banter.

'When women enter the male realm whether law, politics, or a construction site, they find themselves in a repugnant world in which their only means of survival is by undergoing a fundamental transformation leaving them with little opportunity to make any change.'

She has been warned she has ‘ruined her career’ by criticising Mr Carter-Silk and speaking out about sexism. Franklin Sinclair, a partner in one of the country’s largest criminal law firms, warned she could be blacklisted.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    and mail comments

Mark, Manchester, United Kingdom, 9 minutes ago
    Her level of obnoxiousness will make her a perfect human rights lawyer, failing that there's always the Labour Party.

sorry his message was a bit pathetic but she could have dealt with it privately and kept her powder dry for some real obnoxious creep.

She has however marked her card for any male run chambers, they are probably thinking if she gets that upset over what could be seen as ambiguous then we don't need the hassle.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Charlotte Proudman accuses lawyer of using LinkedIn 'like Tinder' - BBC Newsbeat

What a charming young lady, very well turned out. A little young for me, however I'm sure she'll make some lucky man a perfectly splendid wife one day.
    Duw. Calm down mun... Bit OTT.

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I'm quite amused by seeing macho types* on LinkedIn use their winkles to decide which recruitment agents to accept as as connections.

*Their photo usually shows them running or cycling..
    How sexist!

Now if you don't mind, the men were talking about bits of fluff.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I'm quite amused by seeing macho types* on LinkedIn use their winkles to decide which recruitment agents to accept as as connections.

Considering the lack of skills or knowledge of agents it seems a reasonable criteria to use

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Japseye
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Charlotte Proudman accuses lawyer of using LinkedIn 'like Tinder' - BBC Newsbeat

What a charming young lady, very well turned out. A little young for me, however I'm sure she'll make some lucky man a perfectly splendid wife one day.
    The sad thing is she replied with an ageist comment. Something like think twice before complementing a women half your age.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

KUATB

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied

Last edited by pjclarke; 10 September 2015, 11:24.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I hope these agents don't google themselves.
    Of course they do. There's nothing vainer than an agent.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I hope these agents don't google themselves.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X