• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Guy Martin's Spitfire."

Collapse

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    He's got the edge on Dibnah by not being dead.

I liked watching Dibnah knock chimneys down - less bothered with his later stuff.

No health and safety then, "It's going...it's going...run!"

qh

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

I liked watching Dibnah knock chimneys down - less bothered with his later stuff.
    When I was working at Bolton Gate Company I met him in reception - he'd quoted for demolishing our chimney in the Mill yard, they'd knocked him back though, he was too expensive.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Jury is still out on him, Dibnah was genuinely Britains leading industrial heritage historian with a long career behind him. Don't really see what this chap offers.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    He looks like the lead singer out of Del Amitri....
    He is probably a better singer as well.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    He looks like the lead singer out of Del Amitri....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Jury is still out on him, Dibnah was genuinely Britains leading industrial heritage historian with a long career behind him. Don't really see what this chap offers.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Has girlfriend I believe. +1 on great programme.

qh

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
    How cool is it that he's got a Merlin engine in his lounge?
    I bet he's not married.

Leave a comment:

• Grasser73
    replied
    How cool is it that he's got a Merlin engine in his lounge?

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Ooh yes I saw that. Good bit of telly and the work those chaps did was top class. (Impressed that they lined up the slots on the screws).

Leave a comment:

• Tasslehoff
    replied
    Sideburns.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I was sat next to Tommy Hill at Snetterton last year, having lunch in the canteen. I overheard him chatting to some bike magazine guys suggesting that he was deliberately hamming it up for the TT3D film.

I reckon he's still lively in private, but it is show business I guess.
    oh I'm sure he does, but there is genuine love of the subject. He was like a little kid working on the steam engine.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Fred Dibnah with sex appeal.

I usually enjoy most things he does, his enthusiasm is infectious.
    I was sat next to Tommy Hill at Snetterton last year, having lunch in the canteen. I overheard him chatting to some bike magazine guys suggesting that he was deliberately hamming it up for the TT3D film.

I reckon he's still lively in private, but it is show business I guess.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I have noted this chap's meteoric rise to prime time tv.

"what 'bout that", "oooh, that is great" etc etc.
    Fred Dibnah with sex appeal.

I usually enjoy most things he does, his enthusiasm is infectious.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I have noted this chap's meteoric rise to prime time tv.

"what 'bout that", "oooh, that is great" etc etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X