• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ebola outbreak: Nurse infected in Spain"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Good news Nigeria has been declared free. Maybe some of us were overreacting after all.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I believe the nurse has now recovered (or someone with Ebola has)

And it was pretty much down to the immune system beating it.

I think the scare mongering has gone on long enough - nothing to see here move along.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Isn't Luton in Befdordshire?

British survivalists are ready for Ebola

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    He's at a school which has a few boarders. Lots of students of different ethnicities.
    He's more likely to die from smoking, alcohol, food poisoning, cross the road or being shot. Did they send a note about that?

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You don't consider it important that scared people don't panic and start abusing their position and other people?
    I consider it important that people who may be scared and are panicing are not allowed to run off to infect other people just because it would breach their human rights if they were physically stopped from doing so.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    'We're a floating petri dish': Panic onboard the 'Ebola cruise' - Telegraph

Plague ship! Hoist the Yellow Flag!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_flag_(contagion)

condemned t' wander t' seven seas till not a man aboard remains alive.....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Ebola crisis: WHO says major outbreak in West 'unlikely'

But I'm glad to see they are thinking of all the important stuff:

You don't consider it important that scared people don't panic and start abusing their position and other people?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    He's at a school which has a few boarders. Lots of students of different ethnicities.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    The school's just emailed a leaflet saying the risk of ds contracting ebola is miniscule, but attaching a flowchart on what do do just in case.
    Boarding schools write to parents over Ebola fears - Telegraph

Is he at boarding school?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    The school's just emailed a leaflet saying the risk of ds contracting ebola is miniscule, but attaching a flowchart on what do do just in case.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Ebola crisis: WHO says major outbreak in West 'unlikely'

But I'm glad to see they are thinking of all the important stuff:

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Raad al-Hussein says his agency is drawing up guidelines so that Ebola-hit nations do not violate human rights with quarantine rules

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I am indeed. So why are they testing the passengers?
    Because the cabin crew handle stuff which the passengers handle and vice versa, and unlike medical staff don't wash their hands in between.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are aware that cabin crew don't wear gloves and have contact with the entire plane?

Anyway they have CDC have released this linky
    I am indeed. So why are they testing the passengers?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You are aware that cabin crew don't wear gloves and have contact with the entire plane?

Anyway they have CDC have released this linky

Leave a comment:

Working...
X