• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another Tory jumps ship"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    I would agree with you if the Tories were like Thatcher's tories, but they are not, they are New Labour v2.

Wjich by a country mile is the most intelligent thing you have said

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Kelly has hinted in the past that she would consider running for Parliament, and told the gathering in Birmingham: "It's something I would think about, but obviously I wouldn't object to starting at the bottom - I wouldn't want to go straight in and have David Cameron's job.

Phew... That's saved someone an awkward conversation outside the front door of No 10.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Is that the right wing that supports the ideology that enables you to be one of the top earners in the world?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    my eyes!

holey moley - I hope that strap holds

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    well at least she is off benefits!

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Oh, and don't forget that wonderful right wing news website, Breitbart. In America the political website Breitbart tends to back Tea Party candidates. In the UK they have been going for UKIP. It turns out that the UKIP are indeed the UK’s Tea Party, with senior members even registering the name.

Since launching in London, the website Breitbart London, has given a lot of positive coverage to UKIP. Breitbart founder, the late Andrew Breitbart, was a supporter of the Tea Party movement.

It seems that the London arm of the Breitbart operation are being teamed with UKIP, in moves to help bring the Tea Party movement to the UK.

What's your point, there is a section of the torys that would love be to be part of the a Uk tea party, expect more defections.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    A typical defector: White Dee Threatens To Defect To Ukip, Exasperated Twitter Users Ask 'Who Cares?'

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Oh, and don't forget that wonderful right wing news website, Breitbart. In America the political website Breitbart tends to back Tea Party candidates. In the UK they have been going for UKIP. It turns out that the UKIP are indeed the UK’s Tea Party, with senior members even registering the name.

Since launching in London, the website Breitbart London, has given a lot of positive coverage to UKIP. Breitbart founder, the late Andrew Breitbart, was a supporter of the Tea Party movement.

It seems that the London arm of the Breitbart operation are being teamed with UKIP, in moves to help bring the Tea Party movement to the UK.
    Is that the right wing that supports the ideology that enables you to be one of the top earners in the world?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    If labour get into power there wont be many laughs for you contractors.
    They were trying to shed this image by touting a special purpose type of ltd for freelancers but I suspect you're right.

As for UKIP, if you're referring to their VAT proposal, that has been scrapped. They seem eager to eventually lower the 40p rate to 30 and increase the 40p threshold. And also raise the income tax threshold to be equivalent to the MW; presumably the same would have to be done with NI, if the Tories don't push for its merger. They intend to scrap the inheritance tax. Given their attitude to SMEs I doubt UKIP would be hostile to contractors, they are a relatively pro market party. Of course, it could all be lies, as with the Lib-dems.

Re Labour, if UKIP begins taking 'their' votes, I doubt they will do much laughing.
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 30 September 2014, 11:29.

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    UKIP will make it difficult for you to travel accross the EU in search of work and labour will tax you to oblivion -because you are rich - you may not think you are but as a percentage of the population you are in the very highest earnings bracket.

This is why I get tired of hearing some of you whining about the Tories when all along you are as Tory as any of them.
    Get back to work tax slave.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    I think we will get another tomorrow before DC's speech, then one a month till the election. There will be a big name sooner or later, maybe a cabinet member who thinks he will not get a position post GE.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Deputy Mayor of London no less.... Labour must be laughing
    Get your facts right, he's a former deputy mayor...Are you a Daily Mail journalist?

Boris Johnson’s former right-hand man at City Hall today announced he has ditched his Tory membership to instead join Ukip.

Mr Barnes, who served as Deputy Mayor between 2008 and 2012, said he took his decision due to a mix of London and national issues.

Mr Barnes was London Assembly for Ealing and Hillingdon from 2000 to 2012 and is a former Hillingdon councillor.
    The interesting thing about these defectors is that they all seem to be misfits, check out their records....

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    UKIP will make it difficult for you to travel accross the EU in search of work and labour will tax you to oblivion -because you are rich - you may not think you are but as a percentage of the population you are in the very highest earnings bracket.

This is why I get tired of hearing some of you whining about the Tories when all along you are as Tory as any of them.
    I would agree with you if the Tories were like Thatcher's tories, but they are not, they are New Labour v2.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Why? tories have done nothing for contractors since they've been in. They are all the same, UKIP would be the best bet but there is more chance of suity being the next PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X