• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who has bad posture?"

Collapse

• roger rabbit
    replied
    My posture is OK, but those sodding piles - ouch

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    There is no Internet access at the gym.

AtW
    If you go here you can get gym access on the internet

Warning this page may cause stress and anxiety in profesional web designers.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    There is no Internet access at the gym.

AtW

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    Go to the gym boys, your posture will improve no end

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    I always check this out now, after one job at Caudwall group with a chair that left me in pain all over after an hour or so. My body adjusted to it after a month but it was terrible. If you see some cash has been spent on the furniture it's always a good sign !

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Another good reason to make loads of money and get out of IT before you are crippled.

Those Herman Miller mesh chairs seem to be the best available.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I've got a trapped nerve in my shoulder from sitting at my desk. My back has been getting worse & worse for the last couple of months. Sitting at a desk for 25 years and getting old don't go together very well.

Leave a comment:

• LGDT
    replied
    Bad posture goes with the territory.

I started getting neck and back pain a couple of years ago. Went to see a physio.

Cost £40. He unknotted the tight muscles and gave me a set of exercises to do when the problem re-occurred.

No problems since then.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Fecked Back

You may want to try one of those RSI programs that give you reminder every 30 mins or so and an exercise to do.

Apparently the muscles in your neck and back are not designed to be stationary and the pain is caused by sitting in a static position and your muscles go into spasm and can actually tear.

Yes you look like a dick getting up and doing Fonda's every half hour but it does help

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    ON the subject of chairs does anyone else find that the ones allocated are often really filthy? Big greasy marks on the arms, huge shiny black stain in the front middle between legs sort of area, I shudder to think how it gets like that. Floor beneath usually looks like a corpse has sat there and decayed for a few months before anyone noticed. Greasy black marks on keyboards, big stains all over the desk. Surprised one does not get bubonic plague at some places.
    Sounds like B-Block in Croydon. When I was there I daren't look under the desks. Worst building I've ever worked in.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    ON the subject of chairs does anyone else find that the ones allocated are often really filthy? Big greasy marks on the arms, huge shiny black stain in the front middle between legs sort of area, I shudder to think how it gets like that. Floor beneath usually looks like a corpse has sat there and decayed for a few months before anyone noticed. Greasy black marks on keyboards, big stains all over the desk. Surprised one does not get bubonic plague at some places.
    Specially prepared by the permie team !

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CaribbeanPirate
    replied
    I had a heated discussion when we were setting up our offices. The other principals wanted to save costs everywhere such as buying cheap second hand office furniture. I agreed, but stuck out for a couple of things. Good quality chairs and flat screens. Given the amount of time spent sitting and staring at the screens I though it would be a false economy if we (i.e. me) fell ill or wanted to get away from their workstations at any opportunity. I won the day in the end. I think all agree that it has paid off well.

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Nice

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass
    Can you not just buy your own chair, claim back the tax, and take it to whatever site you are on?
    Or does that just rile embittered permies even more?
    I take my chair with me. It shows the permies who's who.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X