• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Traders. Millions by the minutes!"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Very sad individuals. They think ONLY about money. Nothing wrong in thinking about money. But wanting a garage full of cars? How many cars can you drive at once?
    Just watched both episodes.

Have to agree with BP here. The individuals involved seemed lost without thinking about money. The behaviour reminded me a trip to Vegas and those folk sitting on the slots, the next round will pay out! At the end of the day the fulfilment did not result in anything meaningful other than the desire to be materialist.

I'll always get more of a thrill myself spending time with my daughters whilst not having to be in the office.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Likewise in the first episode when the two traders talked about the day of the earthquake in some far off place - and how it was the most thrilling, exciting day of their lives when they made shed loads.

Never once did they show an ounce of sympathy for those who would have lost their lives/homes in order for them to make such a killing (admittedly this could have been edited out by the beeb).

What I thought the programme portrayed quite well was the unique blend of personality traits required to be a successful trader. Intellectual ability alone is not sufficient.

Also I was surprised at the small amounts being made on individual trades, "oh, I just made a tenner" - big deal - I made that the last time I took a dump at ClientCo. I guess it adds up though, especially if you keep making the right/wrong calls.
    Last edited by centurian; 28 September 2014, 08:18.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Very sad individuals. They think ONLY about money. Nothing wrong in thinking about money. But wanting a garage full of cars? How many cars can you drive at once?

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I thought it was scary. The woman who had made £1.6m in her trial account didn't seem to have any system or logic other than looking at a graph and guessing whether it's about to go up or down. No knowledge of current events or anything that could influence it, just gambling. And predictably, as soon as she switched to real money it started to go wrong.
    I loved the bit where she was breeding cats for sale in order to fund her new career in FX trading.
    Priceless.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I watched part 1 last week, haven't seen part 2 yet. There was the guy taking the training course who'd already done time for fraud. Not surprisingly he did quite well.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Which side was it on? Is it on catch up?

Its easy being a trader now with QE.
    How is your Tesco position?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    The black guys from the midlands were great. I'd invest with them!

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I thought it was scary. The woman who had made £1.6m in her trial account didn't seem to have any system or logic other than looking at a graph and guessing whether it's about to go up or down. No knowledge of current events or anything that could influence it, just gambling. And predictably, as soon as she switched to real money it started to go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Which side was it on? Is it on catch up?

Its easy being a trader now with QE.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Interesting program. Worth watching.

The Triathlete fella with 3.3% fat, a £100k Porsche And £1 million house was quite irritating. :jealous:
    Am recording it.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    There's the so called 90/90/90 rule...

90% of traders lose 90% of their money in 90 days ....day traders though that is

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Gun,fish, barrel ................. must stop myself!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Traders. Millions by the minutes!

Traders. Millions by the minutes!

Interesting program. Worth watching.

The Triathlete fella with 3.3% fat, a £100k Porsche And £1 million house was quite irritating. :jealous:

Working...
X