• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Indyref demographics"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Had the younger population not had to move out the country to find work, like myself, the 65+ would not have had much influence as they did.
    You say that as though you moving out was somehow a BAD thing!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Not to mention all the German elders who still blame themselves for Hitler and inflict the same guilt trip on their kids, who had nothing to do with it (even assuming that the elders or their elders did), sort of like an expression of original sin. Experience being a good teacher requires the person in question to be a good student.
    There's never enough good teachers.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Not to mention all the German elders who still blame themselves for Hitler and inflict the same guilt trip on their kids, who had nothing to do with it (even assuming that the elders or their elders did), sort of like an expression of original sin. Experience being a good teacher requires the person in question to be a good student.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I know in the UK there is little respect for experience earned through ageing. Until the SNP came up with a viable monetary policy the wise way to vote was "No" which the old folk did.
    Age is no a guarantee of experience. Plenty English in their later years still think of Germany as the enemy, they just can't move on.

It's astonishing the next generation is receiving such a crap deal from their elders stuck in their own little world.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The young have much more to lose. Their future. Much more important than money. The spoke out with one voice for change, and it was blown out by those now in the winter of their lives.

Had the younger population not had to move out the country to find work, like myself, the 65+ would not have had much influence as they did.
    I know in the UK there is little respect for experience earned through ageing. Until the SNP came up with a viable monetary policy the wise way to vote was "No" which the old folk did.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    The young have much more to lose. Their future. Much more important than money. The spoke out with one voice for change, and it was blown out by those now in the winter of their lives.

Oh dear, 'ow sad, never mind!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not at all. the older people have already worked and paid their dues, investing in their country. The young people have less to lose.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Hardly worth creating a category for such a tiny fringe grouping though, shirley?

Stick around son, you might learn something.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Thank you Winston. It might be nice if you attribute your quotes. Then lesser mortals than myself may be educated.
    Hardly worth creating a category for such a tiny fringe grouping though, shirley?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The selfish @£$@£$$£@

It's quite something the younger economically active part of the population wanted something different from those that sit around all day.
    Not at all. the older people have already worked and paid their dues, investing in their country. The young people have less to lose.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    “Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”
    Thank you Winston. It might be nice if you attribute your quotes. Then lesser mortals than myself may be educated.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    People are often more lefty and radical when they are not the ones who actually have to pay for it. Believe it or not, even I once did leafleting and stuff for the local Labour party. Then I started earning a reasonable living and paying taxes.

“Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    People are often more lefty and radical when they are not the ones who actually have to pay for it. Believe it or not, even I once did leafleting and stuff for the local Labour party. Then I started earning a reasonable living and paying taxes.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    This was the crux of the matter, plan A should have been a Scottish pound backed by a Bank of Scotland with all the details laid out. This would have removed any questions.
    Told you so.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    So 14% of SNP voters (2011) switched sides? Isn't that quite substantial given they were the majority?
    That depends if they're SNP voters because they wanted independence, or because they just thought SNP would be better running the place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X