• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Staying up to watch the referendum results coverage?"

Collapse

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The coverage was pretty poor, I got the impression that nobody wanted to do the BBC gig and poor Huw got the tulipty end of the stick.

SKY was really feckin poor, Kay chasing around trying to give the impression there was widespread vote rigging.
    Had a nice chat with Laura Bicker but maybe she was just doing BBC Scotland. Lovely figure and eyes.

Also a blonde American lady who was there for Facebook. Saw Adam Boulton interviewing her so she was probably talking about the social network side of things.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The coverage was pretty poor
    I don't think I've ever heard you say anything so complimentary.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    After this morning’s result there were no losers in Scotland, only some folk that won more than some others.
    For those that chose NO it is much clearer to see where they triumphed, but for the YES camp there were also some great achievements, even though they may not be so obvious yet.
    MY country showed a watching world what true political engagement really is. People from all walks of life, all ages, sexes, creeds, political leanings and backgrounds took the time and trouble to analyse the whole complex topic and peacefully came to their conclusions. An 85% turnout is a phenomenal endorsement of our brand of democracy.
    Even with the stakes so high, it was a very civilised and enlightening experience even watching from the sidelines as I had no personal vote to cast.
    The people of Scotland, and in particular the YES camp achieved some great things. They singlehandedly backed the Westminster establishment into a corner where they have been left with no alternative but to deliver more power into the hands of native Scots. They made these promises on the world stage in the full glare of international scrutiny, and were publicly tied into a tight timeline for delivery.
    They dare not renege on these promises or they will be aware that a voter swing of only 5-6% could secure a triumph at any subsequent referendum.
    Moreover, the passion and spirit of their campaign appears to have woken a sleeping tiger amongst the other member states of the Union. Already there are loud calls for more regionalisation and large scale decentralisation from all across the islands.
    The silent majority have been awakened to the possibilities of what a concerted voice can still achieve. The hopes for social justice seem to me to have been hugely enhanced almost overnight.
    None of this would have come about had the YES camp not put forward such a spirited argument and campaign.
    So be aware those that voted YES, you may only have lost a battle. The war for justice continues.
    If your ultimate goal was to achieve the birth of a fairer and more even-handed society, you may yet have started that particular ball rolling in a way that benefits far more than a mere 5 million people. This whole crusade might yet spread across the remaining populace of these islands.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Alex Salmond has the Telegraph and the Mail banned from his press conference.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The coverage was pretty poor, I got the impression that nobody wanted to do the BBC gig and poor Huw got the tulipty end of the stick.

SKY was really feckin poor, Kay chasing around trying to give the impression there was widespread vote rigging.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Where was the "I had a Monster thunderstorm over North London and was awake, so watched a few of the early morning declarations" options.

I am relieved that sanity finally prevailed. Not saying independence is not something that may come in time, BUT when the Yes campaign can fill more of the important knowledge gaps.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Made it to about 5.30 when the result became obvious and they were interviewing the deputy first minister, apart from a few cat-naps.

Poor old Huw looked like he was right on the edge of being able to do the job... his eyes were everywhere presumably having to track a whole raft of monitors and feeds while holding a live panel together.

He must be knackered!

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Again noise, Glasgow has 500k no are ahead 8k only. I think no will win though. But if 46-9% want independence there is a mandate for another vote.
    Yeah right, if it were the other way around and "Yes" took it by less than 54% would you still think that was a mandate for another vote?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    It seems Glasgow were doing a Birmingham.......

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Strictly speaking, "Yes" could still win. But it seems unlikely.
    And with that, Fife ends it.

Come on now, everybody, back to the Tunnocks Teacakes factory with you

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Not anymore.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Mr Salmond seems to be keeping an extremely low profile tonight.
    Sky News website have a photo on their home page - looking pretty glum it has to be said.

What's going to hurt - is that he probably felt it was within his grasp - and he somehow let it slip through his fingers.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Strictly speaking, "Yes" could still win. But it seems unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    David Cameron tweets:
    I've spoken to Alistair Darling - and congratulated him on an well-fought campaign. #indyref
    Feckwit. They did their best to give it away.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    It's over, ashamed of Scotland except Glasgow, Dundee and North Lanarkshire
    Don't forget West Dunbartonshire.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X