• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bobs and chilled water"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I thought you were a contractor - why aren't you drinking Dom Pérignon?
    Only Moët at my clientco....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Not that cold.

If you drink things at 1 degree Celsius you can't taste it. Ales and stouts are beer and they are drunk at warmer temperatures.

Only tulip beer is drunk very cold as the taste is foul.
    Ales are designed to be drunk at warmer temperatures. Lagers are not... even fancy craft lagers taste nasty (to me anyway) at room temperature whereas I'll happily drink real ale at room temperature. Similarly I would generally not like warm white wine or warm champagne... the whole taste profile varies massively at temperature.

Ice-cold lager is intended to be refreshing and only delicately flavoured. Not liking beer that cold because it doesn't taste of much is just your taste. The fact it's not very nice when it's warm is secondary.

I can certainly taste lager at that sort of temperature.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Not that cold.

If you drink things at 1 degree Celsius you can't taste it. Ales and stouts are beer and they are drunk at warmer temperatures.

Maybe they should freeze ale then

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's supposed to be drunk cold. You might as well say a cup of tea is tulip because it only tastes nice when it's hot.
    Not that cold.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Oddly they don't like their tulip beer that temperature it has to be cold. Probably so they can't taste how tulip it truly is.
    It's supposed to be drunk cold. You might as well say a cup of tea is tulip because it only tastes nice when it's hot.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    might be an urban myth but doesn't warm water hydrate you faster.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I think it's more of how you phrased the question rather than what you asked that he has a problem with.....
    Well its elicited the response that its also common with Australians and South Africans so its not Bobdom but being from a warm country that is the most likely cause.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Everyone thinks he is, but now we know it's chilled water in a DP bottle

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

But I didn't watch the water dispenser all day. So yes, if you insist, I'd concede there may be Bobs who would venture to drink the chilled water, and "white boys" who would go for the luke warm water.
    I think it's more of how you phrased the question rather than what you asked that he has a problem with.....

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    If it was a queue of white boys he wouldn't have given it a second thought. ..
    If it was a queue of "white boys" (why not girls too BTW?) waiting for the luke warm water, and another queue of "white boys" waiting for the chilled water then there would be nothing to comment about would there, you utter muppet

It seemed comment worthy that all the Bobs I saw preferred the luke warm water, and everyone else went for the chilled.

But I didn't watch the water dispenser all day. So yes, if you insist, I'd concede there may be Bobs who would venture to drink the chilled water, and "white boys" who would go for the luke warm water.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

because he watched then asked?

Shame he doesn't work with more nationalities who weren't brought up in Europe. Otherwise he would see some Aussies and Saffers drinking room temperature water.

I did have to explain to one Aussie why in the UK it's not generally safe to drink from the hot tap. He was mixing his cold water with hot water to get it to the right temperature to drink. Oddly they don't like their tulip beer that temperature it has to be cold. Probably so they can't taste how tulip it truly is.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Yes but everyone knows that white men can't queue jump.

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Too much touchiness round here,

But seriously, I want to know how he knew all the bobs were waiting for the warm slurp?

because he watched then asked?

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    If it was a queue of white boys he wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Verdana font etc? Are you in debug or something?
    Yes but everyone knows that white men can't queue jump.

Too much touchiness round here,

But seriously, I want to know how he knew all the bobs were waiting for the warm slurp?

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    OH was making observation and asking a question - I couldn't see any problem with that.

Now, being verdana font prejudiced does show a level of thickness because my browser shows it as that by default...
    If it was a queue of white boys he wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Verdana font etc? Are you in debug or something?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X