• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Think I've been ripped off - what do do?"

Collapse

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    It came on Monday! I couldn't tell you all because I'd been banned, for some reason.

But would you believe it - they emailed me a tracking no. and it showed that the package had been sat in his local post office for 10 days before it was picked up. The reason the seller didn't get back to me was that there had been some family crisis apparently.

And there was I making death threats

Cojak: Please take note. The company name I used in my spoof bomb threat is fictitious; I wouldn't have dreamed of using their real name so I was a little bit surprised by the infraction.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I think FLC was ripped off. A seven day ban! He should ask for his money back....

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I think I'd link a brown forum - where all the sh1te threads are put.
    Done: CUK Tulip Forum

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I think I would like a Golden Brown forum - where all the threads about the stranglers can be kept

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I've suggested to Admin before a "Gold Forum" where the best threads are closed off and put in there for easy viewing

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I've suggested to Admin before a "Gold Forum" where the best threads are closed off and put in there for easy viewing

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Aw man, I always miss the really good threads until it's too late.
    This is rubbish.

Try these :-

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...c-threads.html

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Aw man, I always miss the really good threads until it's too late.

Leave a comment:

• JustinTime
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I'd be more worried about the Computer Misuse Act 1990
    Shirley, one should be more worried about Cojak?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    That'll be against your ISP?s Ts'n'Cs, no doubt.
    I'd be more worried about the Computer Misuse Act 1990

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    They have a tuppenny ha'penny website & I reckon it wouldn't take much to put one together & get above them in the rankings as it's a very niche area. The home page will just simply state something along the lines of don't touch ACME boiler co. with a bargepole because blah blah blah.... & tell everyone one what a bunch of rip off merchants they are.
    Careful about libel etc.

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    On a similar topic - is it easy to flame a website? I'm quite tempted to write a little utility to bring their website crashing down somehow.
    That'll be against your ISP?s Ts'n'Cs, no doubt.

I hear that you can buy a DDoS quite cheaply, but you'll first need to persuade some real criminals that you aren't an undercover journalist or cop.
    Last edited by Sysman; 18 September 2014, 12:00.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    I think your apology will fall on deaf ears EO.

He's been binned....
    my. people come and go so quickly around here

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I honestly thought it was a joke post
    sorry freaky.

it reminded me of that scene in one of the carry on films (or the up pompeii one)
    where the prisoner is starving and he get some bread and water

a brick opens in the wall and a voice says, 'pss your bread through, we have gravy in here'
    so the prisoner licks his lips and passes the bread through

then the brick closes in the wall
    I think your apology will fall on deaf ears EO.

He's been binned....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The mind absolutely boggles.

How senile or retarded is the OP if he/she/it doesn't even know how to seek commercial redress from a supplier?
    I honestly thought it was a joke post
    sorry freaky.

it reminded me of that scene in one of the carry on films (or the up pompeii one)
    where the prisoner is starving and he get some bread and water

a brick opens in the wall and a voice says, 'pss your bread through, we have gravy in here'
    so the prisoner licks his lips and passes the bread through

then the brick closes in the wall

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    hmmm... inneresting

I would assume that the onus is on the sender and if that person was stupid enough not to send the item recorded/special delivery then they will carry the can regardless of whether you are telling the truth about receiving the goods or not.
    Balance of probabilities I guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X