• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Emigrating to Scotland following a yes vote."

Collapse

• Batcher
    replied
    I'll stick a bed in my shed Tractor. You are welcome to stay there as long as you want. Bring your pension so I can buy a roof for it.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    And if your pension's denominated in Sterling you'll get an ever increasing number of groats each month
    Which will help paying for new glass - what with all the bricks that will get thrown through them - if the anti-English nastiness displayed over the past few weeks is anything to go by.

Next it will be Settler Watch getting Scottish government grants.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It's no vote.

Scotland get more powers.

And even more power in 2018.
    I read that as 'My powers have doubled since we last met, Dooku'

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    It's no vote.

Scotland get more powers.

And even more power in 2018.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    If you have a UK pension wouldn't it be frozen because you're living abroad.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I suspect that there may be a slight problem there. Can't think what it might be, though.
    Is it something to do with the midges?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    What about immigration? | Yes Scotland

As they're going to be in the EU you're free to move there if you want to.
    I suspect that there may be a slight problem there. Can't think what it might be, though.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Why? Because I have one?
    yep, its way too high

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    there will be an IQ test apparently. you wont be allowed in
    nay sassenach wi' an iq greater than king salmon(89.5) alood
    Why? Because I have one?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    As long as the UK stays in the EU...
    There will be a separat bilateral agreement. Remember that under UK law Ireland is not a foreign country. This is why Irish citizens can vote and stand in UK General Elections.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Near to retirement, love walking, sometime avid mountaineer and lately photographer, this might be on the cards for me

I guess the UK tax treatment would be near the same as it would be for Eire but I wonder how hard it would be to 'get in'. Would I need to stow away on a lorry in B-u-T or something?
    there will be an IQ test apparently. you wont be allowed in
    nay sassenach wi' an iq greater than king salmon(89.5) alood

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    You just have to live here and you get a passport.

Just don't be here too long though, with demographics they wont be able to afford pensioners in 20 years, they will scoop you up and turn you into soylent haggis.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    What about immigration? | Yes Scotland

As they're going to be in the EU you're free to move there if you want to.
    As long as the UK stays in the EU...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    And if your pension's denominated in Sterling you'll get an ever increasing number of groats each month
    Combine that with free unicorn powered high speed broadband and all the crude oil you can drink, and everyone's a winner.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Maybe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X