• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So in Word 100% per cent display"

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Because you're not thinking like a user. You probably think the whole field of 'systems engineering' is to do with IT.

It's perfectly reasonable to expect that if what I'm reading / typing on the screen should be of similar size when I'm publishing said material.

When I came here I was told not to interfere with human history, but sometimes it's so painfully slow to watch the so called 'progress'.
    Go an stick your 100% sized knob head up your arse.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Why do you people have problems that never even occur to me to be a problem.
    Because you're not thinking like a user. You probably think the whole field of 'systems engineering' is to do with IT.

It's perfectly reasonable to expect that if what I'm reading / typing on the screen should be of similar size when I'm publishing said material.

When I came here I was told not to interfere with human history, but sometimes it's so painfully slow to watch the so called 'progress'.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Why can't 100% mean 100% the physical page? Is it really that hard for the software to recognise screen screen resolution etc

This is 2014, we're supposed to have hoverboards by now.

Queue barrage of comments it's the users fault!
    Why do you people have problems that never even occur to me to be a problem. I'm not sure I've ever sat down to write in word and thought why couldn't it be the exact same size on screen that it is on the paper in my printer.

How do you people make it out of the house in the morning. Duh why can't the newsreader on TV be the same size as dolly my blow up doll. Or why are pictures of people on my phone smaller than people in real life.

Bet you had issues with window 8 to.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    FWIW, on my MacBook Air, I drew a 10cm wide box in Word. For it to be 10cm wide on the screen, as measured with a tape measure, I needed to zoom to 178%.

I'm beginning to suspect that all this stuff inside my computer may just be an illusion, and true reality lies elsewhere

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Are you people still using keyboards???!!

Have I time warped back into the 20th century? Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Optimistic, but no doubt he will carry on posting illiterate nonsense with his Tapatalk sig if he can't reach.

Can only hope though.
    Are you people still using keyboards???!!

Have I time warped back into the 20th century? Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    We're hoping it will put your keyboard out of reach.
    Optimistic, but no doubt he will carry on posting illiterate nonsense with his Tapatalk sig if he can't reach.

Can only hope though.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Do monitors actually know what their physical size is? I don't remember coming across it in Win32 but then I was never looking for it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Com' on I'm using a Mac, there's no need for that. You think it'll help?
    We're hoping it will put your keyboard out of reach.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Did you try sitting further away from the screen?
    Com' on I'm using a Mac, there's no need for that. You think it'll help?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Seriously that's what I did.

Held a piece of A4 against the screen, landscape like. Turns out 130% is the same what I see when printed. Font size the lot.

You'd never of thought this was 2014.
    Did you try sitting further away from the screen?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Get a piece of A3 paper and cut it down to the same size as your screen. Then measure the paper and enter the dimensions as a custom page size.
    Seriously that's what I did.

Held a piece of A4 against the screen, landscape like. Turns out 130% is the same what I see when printed. Font size the lot.

You'd never of thought this was 2014.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Nope. That just fits the page to screen or the width of the screen.

Perhaps this conundrum shall be overcome in Word 2024.
    Get a piece of A3 paper and cut it down to the same size as your screen. Then measure the paper and enter the dimensions as a custom page size.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Well if you click the little 100% (or whatever is currently says) at the bottom of the page you can actually choose things like width, or fit text, etc.

That wasn't hard was it?
    Nope. That just fits the page to screen or the width of the screen.

Perhaps this conundrum shall be overcome in Word 2024.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Cue.
    ah, thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X