• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wot, no Dr Who thread?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Bring back Gonzo!
    I'm sure if you bought that flat there would be some Gonzo made in there!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I don't post on here so much these days since I am neither a contractor nor in the UK any more (although HMRC still harass me even this far away). But I do look on here from time to time to get a feeling for the current mood of the British people in the light of current affairs.

The new series of Dr Who that started for you last Saturday is not showing on TV here yet (one of the TV Channels has started running trailers to indicate that it will be 'soon', without being specific about when that might be).

I was certain that I would be able to look on here and find out what the esteemed panel of commentators on this site had to say about it but there is nothing. Silence.

Get a move on!
    Bring back Gonzo!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Maybe next series they can stop exploring the personalities and interactions of the characters, and get on with the story.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I have enjoyed the responses to this thread, thanks everyone.

The episodes have aired in this country on Sunday evenings, one week after they were broadcast in the UK, so I watched the last one tonight. I know that I could have watched sooner on the internet but I stayed watching the series on TV.

Like others, I am appalled at the standard of the stories this series but I do like the grumpy Doctor that has no time for idiots.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Disappointed.

Fed up with the idea that since 2005 some (but only a few) Cybermen can remember who they were when they have been upgraded. Didn't like the idea of Clara's love life getting in the way of the TARDIS life. Didn't like the way Clara seemed to think that she was the hero in the story who can keep telling the Doctor what to do rather than being the assistant (why was her name first in the credits and her face in there instead of his???)

Her "news" at the end was particularly easy to work out.

Like Capaldi as the Doctor and think he's great, but badly let down by poor plots and writing this season. Moffat needs to step it up or bugger off back to Baker Street and let someone else run the show.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Well there we are then.

I quite enjoyed that.
    I thought they could have done FAR more with the plot.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    I thought it was a good episode and agree with Tom Baker
    Tom Baker heaps praise on new Doctor Who Peter Capaldi | Daily Mail Online

But also agree with the comments about the scripts!
    Last edited by ZARDOZ; 2 November 2014, 22:31.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Whatever happened to Cybertory?
    He's licking the chutney spoon somewhere, plotting his revenge.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Whatever happened to Cybertory?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Last seen in "The End of Time" - it seemed pretty ambiguous - even at the time, whether the Master actually died.
    Ah yeah, I forgot he already came back

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    The Master didn't regenerate though, he died.
    Last seen in "The End of Time" - it seemed pretty ambiguous - even at the time, whether the Master actually died.

I actually thought it was Romana - after all she was known as "Mistress" - by K-9

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Gender switch during regeneration was first hinted back in Tom Baker's days - the Corsair.
    The Master didn't regenerate though, he died.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I thought for a moment it was a re-emergence of the Rani.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Well, now we know. Looking forward to them explaining this one
    Gender switch during regeneration was first hinted back in Tom Baker's days - the Corsair.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Looks like.

And maybe we'll find out WTF that woman is.

Is she God or what?
    Well, now we know. Looking forward to them explaining this one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X