• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Briton beheads American"

Collapse

• jemb
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Even with the tounge out smiley you still don't get it was a joke, do you go to stand up routines and complain about all the jokes? Maybe mumsnet is more your cup of tea.
    Oh I see - you need to telegraph your jokes? Don't bother even with the disclaimer they just ARE NOT FUNNY.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by jemb View Post
    ....he was born in England educated in Scotland, family in Canada.

Still as you say on the other thread

?
    Even with the tounge out smiley you still don't get it was a joke, do you go to stand up routines and complain about all the jokes? Maybe mumsnet is more your cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• jemb
    replied
    In keeping with the title of this thread, the story is Englishman beheads Scotsman?
    ....he was born in England educated in Scotland, family in Canada.

Still as you say on the other thread
    An Englishman beheading a Scotsman on TV, surely that's a few yes votes? .
    ?

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    In keeping with the title of this thread, the story is Englishman beheads Scotsman?

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I'm sure it'll come to an end soon. Mr Cameron is going Cobra.
    What exactly is the deal with that?

It conjurs up an image in my mind of a bunch of silly schoolboys with some secret society.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I can't help feeling there are too many over there who hate all Westerners. Or there are too many in positions of power.
    They're just thugs who's departure to oblivion requires expediting.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm sure it'll come to an end soon. Mr Cameron is going Cobra.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    What's not humane is killing people for sorcery. Blunt knife/sharp knife... who cares. Dead is dead.
    I disagree. I am not afraid of death. Only of pain.

But latest news is very upsetting. It was an aid worker FFS.

I can't help feeling there are too many over there who hate all Westerners. Or there are too many in positions of power. A great pity for the vast majority who are proper Muslims and peace lovers.

Unfortunately the more the west gets involved the worse it gets.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Hmmm... inneresting.

To be honest, I'm not sure you can equate hacking off somebody's head using a blunt knife with what is supposed to be a swift decapitation by a skilled swordsman.

I have it on good authoridy that the condemned are drugged up to the eyeballs and have a considerable quantidy of blood medically drained prior to the execution such that they don't really know what's going on when they get to Chop Chop Square.

Not that it makes it OK (I'm anni capidal punishment) but is the Saudi method less humane than methods used in some American states? I think not.
    What's not humane is killing people for sorcery. Blunt knife/sharp knife... who cares. Dead is dead.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Hmmm... inneresting.

To be honest, I'm not sure you can equate hacking off somebody's head using a blunt knife with what is supposed to be a swift decapitation by a skilled swordsman.

I have it on good authoridy that the condemned are drugged up to the eyeballs and have a considerable quantidy of blood medically drained prior to the execution such that they don't really know what's going on when they get to Chop Chop Square.

Not that it makes it OK (I'm anni capidal punishment) but is the Saudi method less humane than methods used in some American states? I think not.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings' - Middle East - World - The Independent

Close allies of ours.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria released a video on Saturday that showed what appeared to be the beheading of a British citizen, David Cawthorne Haines, an aid worker.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/wo...id-worker.html

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    BBC News - Sotloff beheading: Obama warning to Islamic State

Easy to say when its not your head on the line.

Reminds me of Shrek - "Most of you will die - its a sacrifice I am willing to take"

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It's all about money. That's all it's ever been. Money. Our economy would fall flat on it's face without cheap labour. Selling out our society is a small price in Westminster's eyes.
    I agree it's about money. The left are always blamed for lax immigration but the reality is that commercial organisations trying to increase profits are the main culprits.

However, I disagree that our economy would fall flat on its face without cheap migrant labour. While organisations profit initially, the bill, in terms of welfare, social housing, crime, health costs etc. are picked up by the state and paid for by all of us, including those same companies as tax. When you take all costs into account we are, on average, no better off. We can never compete with the third world in producing low cost goods, the key to a successful first world economy is technology and innovation.

Yes, immigration expands the GDP, but if you similarly expand the population, nobody is any better off in terms of wealth per capita and the adverse impact on our quality of life with overcrowding and destruction of our countryside and increases in housing, rental, and utility costs is enormous.

We are not supposed to mention it of course but, while some groups like the Chinese and Indians do perform very well, the facts, not the Daily Mail, show that others have been and remain a disaster in many ways.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    What our governments have done to the UK, with their utterly lax immigration laws and tolerance of separatist cultures over some 65 years has been truly insane. It's not about race or religion but the failure to ensure that migrants respect our core principles of democracy, equality and freedom of choice, have the education and skills to succeed and are both willing and able to integrate.

It's all about money. That's all it's ever been. Money. Our economy would fall flat on it's face without cheap labour. Selling out our society is a small price in Westminster's eyes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X