• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor dismissed over Body Tattoo's - the tattoo debate"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    You could always get an UV tattoo...UV tattoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I quite fancy a QR Code tattoo.
    Someone I know was one, which when scanned takes you to a website dedicated to the memory of his brother who died this year.

Whether the QR code will still work with wrinkles in the future is another question, and if it needs re-inking then they will need to be careful that they don't mess up the link when they do it

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Tatto artists should be obliged by law that anyone wanting a tattoo must have "I am stupid" tattooed on their forehead for 50 years before they can get their tattoo.
    Rather narrow minded, don't you think?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    How long before tattoos use organic electronics? Instead of a static image it will be like a video. Or maybe we will have smart tattoos.
    I quite fancy a QR Code tattoo.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    How long before tattoos use organic electronics? Instead of a static image it will be like a video. Or maybe we will have smart tattoos.
    Probably out think the owners of them looking at some tattooed scroats

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Where did you find that pic??

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    One of mine is made up of dots and still hasn't faded.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    She wears sort of sheer overshirt things, so you can see it partially, which is almost worse.
    She needs a little kid to comment about that "Nasty mark on her arm".

Depends on the ink and style in some instances. One of mine is made up of dots and still hasn't faded.
    Yeah I know.

But some of the tattoos I saw people get Especially as people don't age as quickly and badly as they use to.....

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why doesn't she cover it up?

The nastiest tattoo I've seen was a butterfly on a woman's back. However least it was on her back.......

I think some people aren't aware that tattoos fade, and if you get them done on certain parts of your body then they also distort due to age, childbirth and weight gain.
    She wears sort of sheer overshirt things, so you can see it partially, which is almost worse.

Depends on the ink and style in some instances. One of mine is made up of dots and still hasn't faded.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Mine are all carefully placed and can always be covered for work. I guess that means I don't think it's appropriate to have them on show in a professional setting. I'm working with a woman who has a very large one all over her upper arm, it's horrible.
    Why doesn't she cover it up?

The nastiest tattoo I've seen was a butterfly on a woman's back. However least it was on her back.......

I think some people aren't aware that tattoos fade, and if you get them done on certain parts of your body then they also distort due to age, childbirth and weight gain.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Tightfit View Post
    More examples of terminated job interviews, losing out on promised
    promotions and people leaving jobs because of their tattoos.

BBC news - I Lost a job because of my Tattoo's
    Did the beeb stick in a random apostrophe, or was that you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29211526

Edit: Oh, it was you

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Mine are all carefully placed and can always be covered for work. I guess that means I don't think it's appropriate to have them on show in a professional setting. I'm working with a woman who has a very large one all over her upper arm, it's horrible.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Tatto artists should be obliged by law that anyone wanting a tattoo must have "I am stupid" tattooed on their forehead for 50 years before they can get their tattoo.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Most of them seem to be good examples of why you shouldn't get tattoos and how it affects your chances rather than stories to shame companies and try and make tattoos acceptable at work IMO. All seem pretty justified. Cept maybe the one where her uniform covers everything up. Either way, not a joy of sympathy for any of them... particularly the woman with cartoon characters on her her bloody shins....
    If she covered her tattoos up at work I don't understand how her boss know she had them. There are legit reasons why people always wear trousers and socks like skin diseases so there was no need to say she had tattoos.

The rest of them were stupid in the placement of their tattoos. If you place them on your torso or your upper arms where most short sleeve shirts cover them, then no-one knows you have one unless you wear more revealing clothing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X