• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Assange to Surrender"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I think the worry of the Electric Chair or Lethal injection made the room preferable.

Sorry on this one I suspect the conspiracy theories have some truth.
    Safe to say that he'll be Clinton's first target if she's elected.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Decides to stay out of a one-room cell. By staying in a one-room apartment. Nice.
    I think the worry of the Electric Chair or Lethal injection made the room preferable.

Sorry on this one I suspect the conspiracy theories have some truth.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Decides to stay out of a one-room cell. By staying in a one-room apartment. Nice.
    Safe from drones though innit.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Depends on who is the next US president.
    Correct. One person who is without a doubt safer with Trump as president.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    ... rape because no condom?
    These are Swedish laws not those of the legal jurisdictions in the UK.

In some countries men still can't rape their wives even in circumstances where the couple are clearly no longer together.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    "I was so proud, to get the coolest man in the world into bed, and to stay in my apartment.”
    ... rape because no condom?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Perhaps until he's finished being of use to the Ecuadorians?
    Depends on who is the next US president.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Perhaps until he's finished being of use to the Ecuadorians?

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Julian Assange: WikiLeaks founder to be questioned at Ecuadorian embassy over rape allegation | London Evening Standard

And it goes on.......

Will he live there forever ?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    It's rather convenient in a Blakes 7 kind of way, the timing was impeccable if you wanted to discredit Wikileaks
    this does rather fit the bill. However shacking up with one woman & then knobbing her mate is unlikely to end well. Maybe someone should of told him?

He does seem like an unpleasant fellow and a lot of pratt.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Perhaps if he leaves he's afraid he might go for a walk in the woods and kill himself

It would be easy to blame his death on depression
    I find it very easy to believe that Julian may have abused and assaulted those two women.
    I find it equally easy to believe that the US want to pin him up like a butterfly. as a warning to the others

I dont know where the truth lies and I doubt very much that I ever will

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    If the Guardian is to be believed, then the rape allegations do sound fairly weak. However, that is the purpose of courts, right? You face your accusers and the jury decides whether you are guilty or not based on the evidence. Running away and blaming a global conspiracy doesn't do your case any good.

10 days in Sweden: the full allegations against Julian Assange | Media | The Guardian
    Perhaps if he leaves he's afraid he might go for a walk in the woods and kill himself

It would be easy to blame his death on depression

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Possibly because such a presumption is completely groundless and mistaken?
    It's rather convenient in a Blakes 7 kind of way, the timing was impeccable if you wanted to discredit Wikileaks

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Despite him being a complete knob jockey, if as it's presumed the charges have been trumped up at the instigation of governments he has annoyed (rather a long list) how can he have a fair trial when it seems like the justice system itself is on trial
    Possibly because such a presumption is completely groundless and mistaken?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X