• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: B’Liar to go…

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "B’Liar to go…"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    At the moment the great unwashed belive that their dissatisfaction with the govt is down to Blair. When he goes the sense of relief will carry labour for another term untill the populous realise it was actually the Govt they were pissed off with and votes them out.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "brown is the worst... but he would'nt last long once he is in the public eye."

People said the same about Major, but even he got another term. Lets hope cameron isn't as bad as Kinnock was.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    He can't go yet. His cronies had planned that lap of honour, to create "a sense of euphoria" about his premiership.

Who remembers a few months ago, when Labour did badly in the local elections? Tony's cronies told him: "It's because the people love you so much Tony, and they are scared that you might leave them."

Cameron described it as "the view from the bunker"

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Oh, this is becoming better every day... I just hope the media pays 'tribute' to blair by recounting all the sleaze and illegal acts his empire has perpetrated after it has fallen...

It might have to be a mini-series - far too much to fit into a single one hour program....

The most destructive government we have suffered is imploding.... El Gordo is delaying his final kick to the goolies as he is always scared stiff of doing anything the public can actually see (and hold him accountable for).

Trouble is... just look at the candidates (of all parties) that might replace him...

brown is the worst... but he would'nt last long once he is in the public eye.

Doomed!
    Last edited by mcquiggd; 7 September 2006, 00:10.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W
    Why is he so intent on staying? He's going to earn ten times what he does now once he's gone what with book deals, lecture circuits and non-Exec Director posts.

Easy - he's an egotist. He genuinely believes that he needs to stay on because no-one else is capable of running the country as well as he can ! Really.

At least lard-arse Prescott won't be in the running !

Leave a comment:

• teabag
    replied
    Hes gone in six months tops !!

Won't want to be around when it all goes tits up in 2007..

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Why is he so intent on staying? He's going to earn ten times what he does now once he's gone what with book deals, lecture circuits and non-Exec Director posts.

If I were him I'd sack and humiliate the detractors then stick two fingers up to the party and do one.

Leave a comment:

• Nipple Clamp
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    No no no! He mustn't go yet!

I want him to hang on, gradually losing his authority, perpetuating his misery, and dragging his incompetent party lower and lower in the polls.
    Spot on - As some guy said in the Telegraph today, Blair is starting to resemble Adolph in his bunker in the dying days of WW2, scheming counteroffensives with imaginary divisions, while the Russian guns on the outskirts of the city grow ever louder ..

Actually, I can see him resigning and wanting to announce a snap general election, to stuff GB and the Labour party if he could, although I'm not sure whether the Queen would be obliged to accede to that. I'd imagine there's a kind of sliding scale of acceptability between 0 and 1 over a full term, and we're only just over a year into the current term. Also, if there's an "obvious" successor in the ruling party presumably that makes an election even less likely.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Surely you guys want him in as long as possible (baring another term)?
    Yessir! It's just that some of the others don't realise it yet!

The one thing that did him was saying he wouldn't carry on for a fourth term. What an arse.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Surely you guys want him in as long as possible (baring another term)?

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    He won't last two more years. His authority is sinking fast!

Pity really, he deserves better after saving everyone else from marrying that monster.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras
    He will stay, until one day after he breaks Mrs T's record for being the longest serving PM. Blair's ego will not allow him to play second fiddle to anybody let alone Mrs T!
    Sadly I agree

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
    … but when?

Now that the media are on his case, how long before he has to jack it in? Unless he can engineer some mega news story to take the attention away from him (cue-9/11 conspiracy theorists) they are not going to give up on this story. Every other minister has had to do the deed in the end, even if the PM gave his full support.

Just think, it could be as soon as the weekend!

However, I’ll put my money on some (engineered) news story. For example, publicly round up a few more terrorists.

Blimy, in the time it took to write this another junior member of the government has resigned!
    He will stay, until one day after he breaks Mrs T's record for being the longest serving PM. Blair's ego will not allow him to play second fiddle to anybody let alone Mrs T!

Leave a comment:

• CaribbeanPirate
    replied
    More junior government oiks have jumped ship.

Sitting here looking out the window I see a lovely blue sky. Door is open and it feels like summer has returned. It's a nice day.

I think that this is a message from the Great Maker that things can only get better.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Lots of resigning going on in the Labour ranks. Any bets on Tony going before the end of the month?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X