• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So just had a call..."

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Anyone can check that they have gone into administration so don't worry about that.

You may get a letter from the administrators asking for equipment back it depends on the records the company kept - I got one from a company I had long left before they went under.
    If they want the equipment back they can buy at the Barras market next weekend, fck them.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

I'm more bothered about the possible lack of a reference since they've done a runner and I don't want a gap on my CV.
    Anyone can check that they have gone into administration so don't worry about that.

You may get a letter from the administrators asking for equipment back it depends on the records the company kept - I got one from a company I had long left before they went under.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    So you setting up a stall at 'The Barras'?
    The desktops I'll donate to the local community centre for the older folks in the village to learn with (as long as I don't get roped in for the training).

The laptop which had Win 8.1 installed has now been upgraded to Win 7 dual boot with Linux Mint 17. I'll hang on to the rest of the kit altough I don't have a server farm anymore now that I'm using VM's.

I don't bother with TV so I'll sell that on Gumtree along with the HD Freeview box I grabbed as well.

I'm more bothered about the possible lack of a reference since they've done a runner and I don't want a gap on my CV.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    So you setting up a stall at 'The Barras'?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Better than nowt

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Well done that man!

Not as good as getting paid, but some consolation.
    How's the head?

BTW, just in case, this never happened; I ain't seen you, right.
    Like I need more kit

A little consolation indeed. Looks like they've locked the doors and thrown away the keys, done a runner in other words.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Well done that man!

Not as good as getting paid, but some consolation.
    How's the head?

BTW, just in case, this never happened; I ain't seen you, right.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Wonder how it went..................
    Newish Lenovo G500 laptop, couple of older server spec machines, 5 x Dell desktops & monitors, new 32" Panasonic HD telly, 24 port Netgear switch.

They told me to take what I can fit in the car

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Wonder how it went..................

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Bit of a tulip situation CH.

Best foot forward!

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    Yeah, rough one. Sorry to hear it.
    Go in tomorrow, collect your possessions to the tune of a month's billing.
    We did this back in 2001 when I worked in the music industry and they closed our London office.

I got 20 x Dell GX1
    5 x platinum discs
    And a table and chairs from the office canteen
    Last edited by CloudWalker; 31 July 2014, 14:47.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Here in the Netherlands, the highest ranking creditor is the tax office, which effectively means nobody else ever gets anything.
    It used to be the case in the UK too but changed a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    If/when the company goes into liquidation (it's not clear if that's the case yet) then OP needs to: "prove" the debt by sending invoice copies to the insolvency practitioner; write off as bad debt in the company books; claim VAT relief if applicable, i.e. if not using VAT cash accounting method.

Creditor's ranking is then as follows (annotated in italics as best I understand it):
    • Fixed charge holders.
      - secured loans, e.g. on property/assets
    • Liquidators' fees and expenses.
      - conveniently, practitioner’s fees will match the value of assets + co. debtors, leaving none left for those below
    • Preferred creditors.
      - employee's kept on by the administrator (PAYE, NI & pension contribs.)
    • Floating charge holders.
      - employee's fired within 14-days of co. going into administration
      - HMG other taxes
      - unsecured loans
    • Unsecured creditors.
      - other suppliers, including OP's invoice
    • Interest incurred on all unsecured debts post-liquidation.
      - late payment interest on OP's invoice
    • Shareholders.
      - whatever's left (probably nothing)

Source: Practical Law
    Here in the Netherlands, the highest ranking creditor is the tax office, which effectively means nobody else ever gets anything.

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    If/when the company goes into liquidation (it's not clear if that's the case yet) then OP needs to: "prove" the debt by sending invoice copies to the insolvency practitioner; write off as bad debt in the company books; claim VAT relief if applicable, i.e. if not using VAT cash accounting method.

Creditor's ranking is then as follows (annotated in italics as best I understand it):
    • Fixed charge holders.
      - secured loans, e.g. on property/assets
    • Liquidators' fees and expenses.
      - conveniently, practitioner’s fees will match the value of assets + co. debtors, leaving none left for those below
    • Preferred creditors.
      - employee's kept on by the administrator (PAYE, NI & pension contribs.)
    • Floating charge holders.
      - employee's fired within 14-days of co. going into administration
      - HMG other taxes
      - unsecured loans
    • Unsecured creditors.
      - other suppliers, including OP's invoice
    • Interest incurred on all unsecured debts post-liquidation.
      - late payment interest on OP's invoice
    • Shareholders.
      - whatever's left (probably nothing)

Source: Practical Law

Leave a comment:

Working...
X