• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Commonwealth Games, whats the point?"

Collapse

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Change your behaviour and the record can go in the bin
    Fair enough

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Change the record
    Change your behaviour and the record can go in the bin

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Anyone else want to be treated like a kid?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You are obviously not bright enough to be of the same race as me.
    Even more racism

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    ???
    I'm originally from a western european country, most likely of the same race as you are, so I don't understand what you're quoting about Arabs
    If you're both of the same race, how can it be racist? Xenophobic maybe.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    What if someone wrote:

Being from the Commonwealth originally I have wondered as well what the purpose of this is
    What does that make them?

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Agent's are a separate race.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    ???
    I'm originally from a western european country, most likely of the same race as you are, so I don't understand what you're quoting about Arabs

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Well I missed Russell and I am glad he is back.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Like that means anything, you've even admitted to the personae you've had perma banned, yet you keep creating new ones and posting.
    Change the record

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Once the mods wake up will probably be bansville, population, You (and a few others)
    Like that means anything, you've even admitted to the personae you've had perma banned, yet you keep creating new ones and posting.

The Commonwealth Games is like any international tournament that isn't world wide, but instead of a region it's a bunch of old colonial countries sending competitors. It's always a bit overblown by the press, but there's some good competition and the athletes still take it seriously.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Dodgy in talking tulipe shocker

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    This is what you wrote:

Not being from the Uk or the commonwealth originally I have wondered as well what the purpose of this is

if you were to apply this sentence before criticising any custom in any country you would be branded a racist. The implication of this statement is designed to show that because of your race you are superior and look down upon the custom that is in this case the commonwealth games.

Here is a custom about hospitality in Arabian countries. I found it on the internet:

Hospitality
    According to information from the U.S. Department of Defense, hospitality is one of the most deeply held and important of Arab customs. Hospitality is far more than being hospitable to an expected or unexpected guest. It is a matter of personal and family honor and is perceived almost as a religious obligation, a means of doing service for God. This special position of hospitality in the customs of Arabic countries is directly attributable to the influence of ancestral bedouin culture on Arab peoples. Nomadic bedouin tribes inhabited the deserts of the Arab world, and with the challenges such an environment presented, had to be able to rely upon each other for survival in times of need. Thus came the custom of hospitality and its associated concepts of honor, obligation and reciprocity.

So how does it look if someone like you criticises this custom beginning with the words:

Not being from an Arab country originally I have wondered as well what the purpose of this is.

As I said had you challenged the validity or desirability of the Commonwealth games on economic or social or sporting merits then that would be fine. Instead you played your own race card because you thought it would give strength to your point.
    ???

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Once the mods wake up will probably be bansville, population, You (and a few others)
    I somehow doubt it

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    What a BS
    You only read in it what your pathetic simplistic mind wants to read in it.
    Nowhere did I say or even suggest, I was superior nor did I bring up the issue of race into the conversation, it was you who did this, all I did was agreeing with the OP questioning the purpose of the commonwealth games. Perhaps you should read the title of this thread? Did you accuse the OP of the same things you accused me of?
    I hope you will be banned from this place for a while
    This is what you wrote:

Not being from the Uk or the commonwealth originally I have wondered as well what the purpose of this is

if you were to apply this sentence before criticising any custom in any country you would be branded a racist. The implication of this statement is designed to show that because of your race you are superior and look down upon the custom that is in this case the commonwealth games.

Here is a custom about hospitality in Arabian countries. I found it on the internet:

Hospitality
    According to information from the U.S. Department of Defense, hospitality is one of the most deeply held and important of Arab customs. Hospitality is far more than being hospitable to an expected or unexpected guest. It is a matter of personal and family honor and is perceived almost as a religious obligation, a means of doing service for God. This special position of hospitality in the customs of Arabic countries is directly attributable to the influence of ancestral bedouin culture on Arab peoples. Nomadic bedouin tribes inhabited the deserts of the Arab world, and with the challenges such an environment presented, had to be able to rely upon each other for survival in times of need. Thus came the custom of hospitality and its associated concepts of honor, obligation and reciprocity.

So how does it look if someone like you criticises this custom beginning with the words:

Not being from an Arab country originally I have wondered as well what the purpose of this is.

As I said had you challenged the validity or desirability of the Commonwealth games on economic or social or sporting merits then that would be fine. Instead you played your own race card because you thought it would give strength to your point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X