• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I've never quite managed"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Is that a 70cl or the 1litre bottle?
    Was it cooking vodka, or decent stuff?
    I'm guessing it was a 'my mums' brand.

Anywhoo, I'm torn between being HUGELY impressed and rather concerned for you
    I rather enjoy a drink myself, but not alone and not usually during the week.

I find I get far more out of it on wine than on spirits. So I stick to spirits
    70cl, I'm a lightweight

Decent stuff not the cheap variety. Sometimes have company at the weekend and enjoy a drink with friends but my working week finished yesterday and I just felt like it, wouldn't normally drink through the week at all and never that much - didn't finish the bottle although I gave it a good shot.

Being diabetic I get regular blood tests and an update on how my liver's doing and seems to be fine so far.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Is that a 70cl or the 1litre bottle?
    Was it cooking vodka, or decent stuff?
    I'm guessing it was a 'my mums' brand.

Anywhoo, I'm torn between being HUGELY impressed and rather concerned for you
    I rather enjoy a drink myself, but not alone and not usually during the week.

I find I get far more out of it on wine than on spirits. So I stick to spirits

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Only one bottle? Pussy....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I don't think there will be any spare. I wouldn't wonder if he started having toilet duck chasers

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    here something to do with your spare Vodka.

The neat way to freshen up clothes? Spray them with vodka! From using milk on Biro stains to dying jeans with coffee, we test the wackiest laundry tips | Mail Online

The neat way to freshen up clothes? Spray them with vodka! From using milk on Biro stains to dying jeans with coffee, we test the wackiest laundry tips
    Alice Robinson's three children and husband produce ton of laundry
    She tuned to the internet and found some imaginative and bizarrre tips
    Laundry guru Steve Anderton gives his verdict on which ideas really work
    Each year British families damage more than £100 million of clothes by washing incorrectly

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Drinking a full bottle of Vodka on your own in one evening and not feeling that drunk means.....you are a ROCK GOD

Bur srsly How often do you drink, damage to the liver is done when you drink every day. I am going to take 4 months off the booze to lose weight and give my liver a rest.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Your pattern is that of an alcoholic. Get yourself checked. You don't have to quit necessarily, just get the right support and cut back.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I'm always too scared of becoming a middle class alcoholic to drink much at home. We will have the odd glass of G&T or a Whiskey, but that's it unless we treat ourselves on a weekend.

l did a 3 month project away from home as a permie and a few of us stayed in the same hotel - it was so so easy to get into the habit of hitting the bar for a beer straight away, then getting changed before another couple etc, so I really try and limit it now.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    actually had a dry night Monday & Tuesday. I could feel it calling me which was worrying.

I had a couple of pints last night. They tasted good.

I get worried if I clear a bottle of Scotch in a week, a bottle in a night scares me.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Lately I keep meaning to have a booze free evening but never get round to it.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Coffee first thing in the office, Bottle of juice at lunchtime, water and tea in the in between times.

Usually squash when I'm at home.

Last alcoholic drink was Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Makes to you proud to be British.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Makes you proud to be British.
    Last edited by Old Greg; 9 July 2014, 21:47.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    When are you and your banjo coming to Rothesay for a jam session ??
    Ooh, could be very soon as I'm due some downtime from the current gig.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    When are you and your banjo coming to Rothesay for a jam session ??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X