• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pointless tech interview questions again!"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    But similarly, I'm sure not such a miserable git in real life as you are on here. Surely no client on earth would put up with it ;-)
    NLUK is handsome, charming, sensitive to the feelings of others....no hang on, that's me !! NLUK is just the same in real life. Fortunately, not many strangers in the pub come up and ask random questions about IR35, JSA or whether to take a contract with less money nearer home

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    What annoys me is having a phone interview with some technical tests, and then a F2F where 90% of the questions are just reasked by someone else

Then you get the gig, end up doing something completely new within the first week and rely entirely on your google fu...just the thing they were making sure you weren't doing at the interview stage

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    But similarly, I'm sure not such a miserable git in real life as you are on here. Surely no client on earth would put up with it ;-)
    They love it, I get stuff done. They particularly like me because I am always right as well

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Awwww... c'mere you big bear..

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It's funny but I can see the comparisons between the few posters I have met and their online persona's. TM is typically TM, SimonMac has many similarities etc. Eek is conundrum though, he comes across on here as charming, witty, intelligent and handsome.......

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    That's a really good response actually. However, it did take a week, which leads me to conclude that you outsourced the writing of it
    Much cheapness.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    It's funny but I can see the comparisons between the few posters I have met and their online persona's. TM is typically TM, SimonMac has many similarities etc. Eek is conundrum though, he comes across on here as charming, witty, intelligent and handsome.......

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    4) You've got no idea of how I act in real life.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Lets look at the facts:-

1) We've never met.
    2) You dont know me.
    3) I've never had any technical discussions on this forum so you've got no idea of my technical knowledge.

Yes, I might have views about life/agents/clients on here but it doesnt mean I like this is real life.

Yet, apparently, this gives you enough information to label me as 'clueless'? Hmmm.
    No, your previous 4930 posts provide us enough evidence to show that you are clueless.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

1) We've never met.
    2) You dont know me.
    3) I've never had any technical discussions on this forum so you've got no idea of my technical knowledge.

Yes, I might have views about life/agents/clients on here but it doesnt mean I like this is real life.

Yet, apparently, this gives you enough information to label me as 'clueless'? Hmmm.

That's a really good response actually. However, it did take a week, which leads me to conclude that you outsourced the writing of it

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    The thinking is no he didn't so he is blaming the interview process.
    Dunno. Withdrew anyway. Not suitable (and the rate took a nose-dive it seemed!)

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    You are clueless and you're still around. Go figure !!

1) We've never met.
    2) You dont know me.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Questions I think should be asked are "why?" type questions. So many people do so much without really understanding why they're doing it.

When you ask someone "why" you can easily tell if they really get it or are just going with the flow.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

"Tell me the name of the last abstract class you wrote".
    I get the logic, and theoretically it's a great question. But I'd just give you a funny look and say "I have no idea".

Why on earth would anyone honestly remember that?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    did MF get the job then?
    The thinking is no he didn't so he is blaming the interview process.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X