• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Legal help re pay

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Legal help re pay"

Collapse

• Scruff
    replied
    I would suggest the following, since good communication resolves issues far better than firing guns.

Use your computer and write a non-emotional email to the Agency and the "Manager". Grammatically correct, with no spelling errors.

Lay out the circumstances as to the facts at hand - keep your emotions out of Professional correspondence.

The days and times that you worked, and when you sent the timesheet off for approval and any other RELEVANT facts. If you have an email from the "Manger", cut and paste his responses and use them "infra-text" in italics and use them to refute the statements.

Put a read receipt on the email, and wait 24 hours for a response. If no response is received then resend it, requesting a response.

Phone the agent after a further 24 hours and take notes of what they say. Compose another email to them (don't cc the "Manager" in), so that you both have a record of the conversation.

If there is no response, then collect your thoughts and consider any further action.

You need a measured approach, not a hostile one.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Dunning means chasing up the debt.

Invoice the agency on the terms and conditions within your contract then pass it to Debt Collection and Debt Recovery from Safe Collections (who post on here) if the agency fails to pay on the contracted payment date.
    Absolutely contact Safe Collections. And invoice the agency today.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Help needed View Post
    yep working via agency and set up as a limited company. sorry what does dunning mean?
    Dunning means chasing up the debt.

Invoice the agency on the terms and conditions within your contract then pass it to Debt Collection and Debt Recovery from Safe Collections (who post on here) if the agency fails to pay on the contracted payment date.

Leave a comment:

• Help needed
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Working via an agency? Just invoice and when they don't pay, start dunning. You've nothing to lose.
    yep working via agency and set up as a limited company. sorry what does dunning mean?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Working via an agency? Just invoice and when they don't pay, start dunning. Your contract is with the agency, not the client. The agency should be equally exercised about not getting their last week of commision. You've nothing to lose.

Leave a comment:

• Help needed
    replied
    i feel so silly not having emailed everything to myself.

i was working through an agency, they are powerless. this is just so sad that someone can be so nasty and horrible. it serves absolutely no one's beenfit acting this way.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Help needed View Post
    hi all.
    appreciate any help you can provide.
    I was working in London for a large multinational, and just returned home last week due to corona.
    My manager rejected my last time sheet on dubious grounds, which are not factually correct nor in my employment contract. On a side note, this manager had been bullying me the past few months which i lodged a complaint and had rejected my time sheet previously (once again on false pretences).

I am back in Australia, so it is difficult for me to contact the company. Is there anything i can do? can anyone please help? i need this money and what i'm entitled to urgently. i know that the reasons they have given for me not getting paid are false (missing conference calls and not meeting delieverables). I know this is an attack because the manager hated me. I cannot disprove these because i have handed in my laptop. Please can you help or lead me to a government body that could assist. seriously appreicate any help and of course will provde more details if/when required.

thank you
    Find a lawyer but without evidence (which you should have mailed to yourself given past examples) there is little you can do.

Were you working via an agency and did you opt in or opt out (as that is a separate approach you could use) but without a signed timesheet there is little you can do.

Leave a comment:

• Help needed
    started a topic Legal help re pay

Legal help re pay

hi all.
    appreciate any help you can provide.
    I was working in London for a large multinational, and just returned home last week due to corona.
    My manager rejected my last time sheet on dubious grounds, which are not factually correct nor in my employment contract. On a side note, this manager had been bullying me the past few months which i lodged a complaint and had rejected my time sheet previously (once again on false pretences).

I am back in Australia, so it is difficult for me to contact the company. Is there anything i can do? can anyone please help? i need this money and what i'm entitled to urgently. i know that the reasons they have given for me not getting paid are false (missing conference calls and not meeting delieverables). I know this is an attack because the manager hated me. I cannot disprove these because i have handed in my laptop. Please can you help or lead me to a government body that could assist. seriously appreicate any help and of course will provde more details if/when required.

thank you

Working...
X