• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone working for Vodafone"

Collapse

• NickNick
    replied
    Yeah, I parked at Shaw for a while, but mostly at the NBP. When I started there the field next to the HQ was a contractors car park, but the farmer took it back a few years ago, hence the parking issues. You could get on site parking added to your Ts & Cs though.

Leave a comment:

• Whizzer
    replied
    Spoke to some contacts in Finance - no recruitment freeze as such, but any new hires have to be justified to the FD which is what delayed my start. This is in place until April.

NickNick - the best off site parking is at Shaw Social Club - 5 minute walk to campus & £10 a week.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Who cares?

You don't have a gig, keep looking.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Ice
    replied
    Originally posted by skippyd View Post
    Hi
    Is anyone here working at Vodafone?
    Just had an interview this week and was told the interviewer really liked me but next day a recruitment freeze was put in place which means they can't make an offer currently.

Does anyone know if Vodafone have put on a recruitment freeze this week?
    The Agent is lying to you..

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    Did a stint last year in Wythenshawe. Struck me as quite a disconnected company especially following the C&W acquisition.

I suppose just about any scenario is possible with any company though. I turned up for an interview with the N H S only to be told that very morning a contractor recruitment freeze had been put in place. Very frustrating after a 2.5hr drive. Poor red face client who I think wanted a big hole to swallow him up

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    I've worked there a few times over the years. The last stint involved havng to park off site quite some way from the main place. Such a small thing, but the increased travel time for me meant that I won't be back there in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• Whizzer
    replied
    Yes the agent said. It sounded genuine but I wanted to see if anyone could corroborate it on here.
    I'll keep looking but the role at Vodafone sounded good.
    I was due to start a contract in VF UK on Monday, but the agent has kept putting me back a day. I've not heard anything about a recruitment freeze, but this may explain things.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Hi
    Just had an interview this week and was told the interviewer really liked me but next day a recruitment freeze was put in place which means they can't make an offer currently.

I had a similar problem with one of the minor banks last year. Had interviews, lots of discussion around rate and offsite working and reached agreement. After a couple of days of no contract it emerged they had a new HR Director who wanted to make their mark by salary banding everyone and recruitment was frozen until then. A month later they came back and asked if I was still available. Too late.

As NLUK said, this one is dead for now. Market is ok though.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yes the agent said. It sounded genuine but I wanted to see if anyone could corroborate it on here.
    I guess it depends which part of Vodafone. Different divisions may have different diktats.

Leave a comment:

• skippyd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Who told you this? An agent? Either way the role is dead in the water until you get a phone call so move on and carry on looking.

Leave a comment:

• skippyd
    started a topic Anyone working for Vodafone

Anyone working for Vodafone

Hi

Working...
X