• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Situation when dodgy manager want a cut form my Gig"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Laugh it off. If he persists, apologise and explain that you thought he was joking. Agree but explain that for book keeping reasons you must have an invoice which you can retain in case of inspection and you will need to contact your accountant and explain what is happening so that they can inform you of the tax implications.

I suspect he will drop it at that point.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Get proof then blackmail him. Surely blackmail is an essential contractor skill.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    Tell him you'll do it for a 10% rise.
    NladyUK struggles to get a rise out of anyone nowadays....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Depending on your daily rate and area of the country, you should be able to get him badly beaten each month for 3%.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Don't accept!

You could get into deep trouble.

Better to go and look for a new gig.

Quite right to point to your agency.

Leave a comment:

• nicofars
    replied
    Yep, nice to see that it conforts my initial feeling.
    And no, I won't agree if he gets me a 10% increase as it's door open to anything after that.

We are not in Breaking Bad right ?! ;-)

Thanks for the tips, defo not sound like he will try again to mention it again..

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Tell him you'll do it for a 10% rise.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Leave a horse's head in his bed.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Defintely tell him to **** right off, if he persists try and get something in writing and report him.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    Explain how a company works - his company pays the agency which pays your company.

If he wants 5%, he'll just have to invoice your company like every supplier does.

If you ever get an invoice, send it to the client's accounting department and ask them to explain what it's for.
    WHS, Hopefully in his greed he will do exactly that and you will have your evidence to go to the client
    Last edited by kal; 19 February 2014, 16:03.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Explain how a company works - his company pays the agency which pays your company.

If he wants 5%, he'll just have to invoice your company like every supplier does.

If you ever get an invoice, send it to the client's accounting department and ask them to explain what it's for.

Leave a comment:

• yasockie
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Get him to sign off some "overtime" and pay him out of that. It's a win-win
    This. Split the risk and payout accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    This sounds highly unorthodox.

Is your line manager male or female?

Edit: I see the answer to my question now.
    Last edited by oscarose; 19 February 2014, 14:07.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Get him to sign off some "overtime" and pay him out of that. It's a win-win

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Tell him he can have 50% if you don't have to do any work or attend site and then go get another gig

Leave a comment:

Working...
X