• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hays payments terms"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I'm with Hays and they never asked for my passport...
    Agency procedures can change within a month.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Really? They moaned big time about this. Weren't happy with the scan at first then said I was supposed to come in to the office with it.

Not quite sure how they cope with gigs and contractors the other side of the country.
    You make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Others have told you to either:
    1. Go into their nearest office, or,
    2. Send them a certified copy, or,
    3. Get the client to verify it.

Now offer Hays one of those choices and stop coming on here and moaning. You aren't a new contractor FFS so you should be able to think of ways that are acceptable to deal with situations like this.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    I had to take my passport to Hays (nearest office was about 10 miles away)

If they've already seen your passport previously, then no need to do it.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    They either take a managed risk or ask for a certified copy. Jesus.
    Or get you to take it to the client, and get the client to verify it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Really? They moaned big time about this. Weren't happy with the scan at first then said I was supposed to come in to the office with it.

Not quite sure how they cope with gigs and contractors the other side of the country.
    They either take a managed risk or ask for a certified copy. Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Anyone had this with Hays? Agreed terms of business and schedule and now 2 days to go they say we'll sort contract. WTF I thought it was all agreed.

They're excuse - its our computer system. We can't do contract until all the passport checks etc are done.

Sounds like bollacks excuse to me to make sure contractor can't ask for contract amendment at the last minute. Never again if I can help it.
    It's process, might be right or wrong but who cares. Just deal with it in silence FFS.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Anyone had this with Hays? Agreed terms of business and schedule and now 2 days to go they say we'll sort contract. WTF I thought it was all agreed.

They're excuse - its our computer system. We can't do contract until all the passport checks etc are done.

Sounds like bollacks excuse to me to make sure contractor can't ask for contract amendment at the last minute. Never again if I can help it.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I've never had a problem with their payments and have been in several contracts with them over the past 14 years.
    Like I said it seems like payment is never an issue. I'm hoping its just a bad experience with particular Hays office/agent to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I've never had a problem with their payments and have been in several contracts with them over the past 14 years.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    I've dealt with some good guys at hays.

Leave a comment:

• ITPRO2
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    No you didn't. You made a ridiculous and incorrect blanket statement about their business/operating model.

At least when I call someone a moron I tend to be technically correct.
    .................only when looking in the mirror.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    remember andy hallett on this forum. seemed like a decent guy. was it hays he was in charge of?
    No - Hoaxley, Real Staffing, Aggressive Recruitment and Computer Futures

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yep. Computer says no. General consensus seems to be they are tossers but good payers.
    I don't know how you can sit there calling your clients, agents et al. Calling an entire agency tossers is just ridiculous and just evidence of your inability to be a professional contractor. It's you with the poor attitude, not them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X