• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agents Reluctance to put stuff in writing"

Collapse

• Manz
    replied
    Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    Had you not agreed a rate do you think it would have been more likely, or less likely, to receive a follow up email?
    Less Likely, I got an email from her in the afternoon yesterday saying "apologies for the delay" and then she said "You don't have enough years experience, so I'm not sure if you will fit the amount of experience they are seeking" WTF, could she not have checked it when its clearly written in my CV before calling me?

Leave a comment:

• sgxluk
    replied
    Ah well yes, they're quite happy sending out emails with gigs that dont even match ones skillset & being over-familiar.On the rare occasion you reply saying "Yes, lets do it" then they're not to fond of email. Strange beings!

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Originally posted by sgxluk View Post
    Is it just me, or have agents become more reluctant recently to deal with everyone by email & put things in writing?
    It must be just you. Today's total here was 10 unsolicited emails* for new contract roles, 1 missed phone call and a follow up text message. They must all be just waking up after the New Year.

* personalised with first name in the email body (except the one below), I do wonder if they have automated spam engines to take care of that now as it seems more common.

This was my fav.:
    Subject: CV through LinkedIn

Hello

I found your CV through LinkedIn but unfortunately I am unable to load a PDF on to are database, would it be possible for you to send me a word doc?

Kind Regards
    Natalie
    Miss, excuse me? Do I know you?

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Originally posted by Manz View Post
    I agree. They always call me, I even got a phone call from one last night at 9PM telling me about a role, I agreed a rate with them and asked them to send me the Job spec, they said they sent it but I didn't receive it. I also prefer being contacted via email rather than phone as they call at odd times.
    Had you not agreed a rate do you think it would have been more likely, or less likely, to receive a follow up email?

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
    It's because they're all congenital liars.
    And/or stupid.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by sgxluk View Post
    I suppose this proves they don't read the bloody CV either because in big red letters at the top under the phone number it says "Please email in the first instance"! OK we're assuming they can read I guess....
    Maybe they just ignore bad grammar?

Leave a comment:

• sgxluk
    replied
    Sure as hell glad I'm not the only one who this really gets up the nose of!

Yeah, its difficult getting any *.agent to commit to writing & the more you deal with them by email the more upset they seem to get.

I suppose this proves they don't read the bloody CV either because in big red letters at the top under the phone number it says "Please email in the first instance"! OK we're assuming they can read I guess....

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    In writing? You ask too much, getting a call after submitting CV is difficult enough.

qh

Leave a comment:

• GillsMan
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Same with anyone with the word "agent" in their job title - see estate agents, letting agents as well as recruitment agents. Trying to get any of them to back up the bs they spout in writing is often an exercise in futility.

NB - this is a huge generalisation, and I have worked with lots of decent recruitment agents, a handful of decent estate agents, and an even smaller proportion of decent letting agents.

Leave a comment:

• GreyWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    But the agent now knows the going rate for that role so not totally pointless.
    And he's phoned the OP's current client to say he understands the OP is leaving and he has some cracking CVs for the new vacancy.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Manz View Post
    I agree. They always call me, I even got a phone call from one last night at 9PM telling me about a role, I agreed a rate with them and asked them to send me the Job spec, they said they sent it but I didn't receive it. I also prefer being contacted via email rather than phone as they call at odd times.
    But the agent now knows the going rate for that role so not totally pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Manz
    replied
    Last edited by Manz; 9 January 2014, 10:57.

Leave a comment:

• sgxluk
    started a topic Agents Reluctance to put stuff in writing

Agents Reluctance to put stuff in writing

Is it just me, or have agents become more reluctant recently to deal with everyone by email & put things in writing?

Not sure about anyone else but I find that email is a more efficient way of dealing with them because I dont have to stop my day for a phone call (a mono task), the contents of which could, invariably, have been imparted just as effectively by email (which I can check when I am free).

Working...
X