• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IT Agency that dont pay you...."

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by UKITContractor View Post
    you work for 28 days and then you get youtr first weeks pay and then weekly after..
    Well i did, and now ive lost approx 8k...
    I'm not sure I see the correlation between those two posts. Explain how you have lost the 8k and someone might be able to provide advice and guidance.

If you just mean that you didn't understand the payment terms meant weekly invoicing paid on 28 day terms, then there's also a lesson there.

Leave a comment:

• Safe Collections
    replied
    As others have said, it is a common payment system.

As long as the payments are made on time and the client doesn't start getting behind it shouldn't be anything to worry about

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    I work to something similar - weekly invoicing about 3 weeks behind; works good for me

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    you work for 28 days and then you get youtr first weeks pay and then weekly after..
    Oh ok - that's nothing unusual and don't worry you haven't lost £8k

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Ah, well that's just weekly invoices paid monthly. You'll get your 28 days pay one month after you finish this contract (as will be explained in the contract you signed).

This form of payment isn't unusual.
    +1 28 day payment terms is standard for all businesses as banks aren't as understanding as they used to be.

You're lucky to have weekly billing from the off with 28 day payment terms its usually attached to monthly invoicing.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Ah, well that's just weekly invoices paid monthly. You'll get your 28 days pay one month after you finish this contract (as will be explained in the contract you signed).

This form of payment isn't unusual.

Leave a comment:

• UKITContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    To clarify - are you saying you were expected to work for 28 days for nothing or are you saying that their payment terms are 30 days???

Leave a comment:

• Safe Collections
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Sorry to hear about this.

Have a read of this post:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1351193

Thomas Higgins will be able to help with this, or poster Safe Collections will be able to help.

It will cost a bit but it's worth it if you get your 8K back.

(Also Google 'dunning').
    Cheers Cojak

But like others we are a little bit confused by the OPs post... Any clarification OP?

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Has anyone been affected by working thru IT agencies and they give you the clause in the contract that you have to work 28 days first and then you get paid weekly after after that...?

Ive tried everything to get money owed to me, what checks to others do to ensure that this does not happen to you... Any advice given would be handy.....

please reply if anybody wants the agency name...
    Elan did that to me once.....weekly pay but they held a month in hand basically. Never again though....!!

Leave a comment:

• monkfish
    replied
    Has anyone been affected by working thru IT agencies and they give you the clause in the contract that you have to work 28 days first and then you get paid weekly after after that...?
    Think its been said before - read and understand the contract. Discuss and negotiate terms, particularly payment.

You're perfectly entitled to reject or query any particular contract from agencies. They don't just give you a contract and force you to sign it.

Did you opt out?

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    OP says they've lost 8K, so they've either worked 28 days for free or got their knickers in a twist about payment schedules.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NDawg View Post
    Never heard of it, and I'd never work with an agency that tried to set such terms.

What EXACTLY have they said to you in regards to paying out and what's their reason for withholding payment?
    Seems fairly reasonable to me - 30 day terms with weekly payments thereafter.

I've done a few gigs with consultancies like this.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    If the agency has gone bust, then check your PCG+ membership for how to claim.

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    I had 2 experiences where agencies failed to settle final payments.
    One case I contacted CEO of that company through Facebook. I replied to his post on "ways to improve employee satisfaction" with a hint on my case. He promptly contacted me back & I sent him all details & within 2 weeks received payments with apology.
    Another occasion ‘agency in dispute’ broadcasted about they receiving "Agency of the year" award. I replied to that mail querying how they got this award when they failed to even settle payments. To my surprise I was contacted by the pimp I was dealing (who refused pay me) in a week's time confirming my payments.
    So escalate until you get paid even if it’s up to CEO level if needed. But before that make sure you have a genuine case!

Leave a comment:

• warrenboon
    replied

Ive tried everything to get money owed to me, what checks to others do to ensure that this does not happen to you... Any advice given would be handy.....

please reply if anybody wants the agency name...
    Do tell (if that's allowed of course)...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X