• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone jacked off Linked In?"

Collapse

• Ifank
    replied
    I've found that the novelty of Linkedin can help drum up some business from people who might otherwise ignore you through the more conventional channels (phone, email, etc) but this novelty will undoubtedly wear off over time.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I'm a heavy linkedin user and almost took out a subscription for linkedin emails recently.

To date I've had 2 very nice direct contracts out of linkedin and a bit of consultancy work on the side too.
    I'm currently working on another linkedin generate lead.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I posted this in another LI thread in General, but probably worth a re-link:

How to Turn Off LinkedIn Endorsements - CIO.com

Leave a comment:

• NDawg
    replied
    I've found it to be an effective tool when I'm on the bench if it's properly utilized.

I mainly use it to stay in contact with contractors from prior gigs that I enjoyed working with (you never know when you might need to bring someone on board or invoke that substitution clause). Recruiters, I have them locked down so they can't see my other connections.

I have gotten more use out of LI as an intel tool than a networking one though. It's always good to know your boss/team's background history when going into a new place. The edge is handy to have.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Is there a way to filter the jobs available to only see contract roles?
    Recruiters actually lie about that also shock horror....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by utternutter View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I predominantly use LI to keep in touch with contacts.
    I don't do either never have done, will probably have to do linkedin but I really don't want to.

Leave a comment:

• utternutter
    replied
    Originally posted by Ifank View Post
    Linkedin, for me, is like Facebook: I hate both and yet I feel that I can't afford to leave either one; lest I risk isolating myself from society at large.
    My sentiments exactly. I predominantly use LI to keep in touch with contacts.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Not as far as Im aware.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Hahaha! I regularly go through my contacts and delete ones who dont produce the goods after contacting me about roles im 'very suited to' blah, blah, blah.
    An excellent idea I feel a cull coming on

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I'm currently benched and I've got the minimum "job seeker" (spit) membership. Not sure how useful it is but it's interesting to see the details of who's viewed my profile and what they searched on to find me.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I don't think LI does but I would guess that some of them must have a third party application that keeps track of such things and notifies them.
    Hahaha! I regularly go through my contacts and delete ones who dont produce the goods after contacting me about roles im 'very suited to' blah, blah, blah.

Leave a comment:

• AussieDigger
    replied
    Seeing a lot of false job ops from companies like WiPro who approach you and want you to go thru their 'process' to hire. Total cowboys and totally clueless on how to approach people and cultivate them. Avoid.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Anyone jacked off Linked In?

I just got a contact request from a very attractive looking girl from a field totally unrelated to mine (or IT).

Trying to work out the catch or whether I should take the biscuit and embark on a torrid affair, assuming its her in the pic...

Leave a comment:

• Ifank
    replied
    Linkedin, for me, is like Facebook: I hate both and yet I feel that I can't afford to leave either one; lest I risk isolating myself from society at large. It's unfortunate that such sites can strip away everything that made them great in the first place and yet still be popular.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X