• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Interview... what interview???"

Collapse

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Good move.

I would report it to OFCOM anyway.
    Hope that this scam will be reported and taken off. Certain type of job seekers may not be as sophisticated when it goes to premium numbers - and 25p/minute may make a difference in their budget.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Just consider it a gullibility tax.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by istvan View Post
    I used a pre-payed service to limit the call cost just in case.
    Good move.

I would report it to OFCOM anyway.

Leave a comment:

• istvan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    It's a scam.

This number costs about 50p/minute to ring from a BT landline (more from a mobile) and the person you are calling takes a share of this.

They harvest a pile of jobseekers email addresses and spam them with this message saying you have an interview, the jobseeker thinks WTF, no I don't and calls the number.

Cue recorded message, hopefully to keep them on the line for a while and kerching! Money in the bank.

Try reporting it to OFCOM but you are probably pissing in the wind...
    I used a pre-payed service to limit the call cost just in case. I did not listen long for the announcement. It was obvious that it is a scam at this point. It cost me about 25pc. No problem. But it pisses me off, it is 25pcs stolen from me. My mistake, yahoo, hotmail, gmail from agents go to my junk box without reading it from now on. By the way SeekingIT shows the entire message, that's it.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by SeekingIT View Post
    I received same, full details from jokers below........still trying to work out the angle - but as peeps have said, check the phone bill!!!
    It's a scam.

This number costs about 50p/minute to ring from a BT landline (more from a mobile) and the person you are calling takes a share of this.

They harvest a pile of jobseekers email addresses and spam them with this message saying you have an interview, the jobseeker thinks WTF, no I don't and calls the number.

Cue recorded message, hopefully to keep them on the line for a while and kerching! Money in the bank.

Try reporting it to OFCOM but you are probably pissing in the wind...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    It's interesting what google reveals about that phone number.

As a rule of thumb any message from an agent or company that uses a free mail provider such yahoo, hotmail or gmail should be put in your spam folder.

Getting a domain name with an associated email address costs a few quid.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    Have you checked your mobile bill ?
    070 numbers up to £1 a minute.

Not the kind of number to chat away on for half-an-hour.

Leave a comment:

• SeekingIT
    replied
    Same

I received same, full details from jokers below........still trying to work out the angle - but as peeps have said, check the phone bill!!!

Hi
    As a result your application, I would like to invite you to attend an interview.
    You will have an interview with the department manager, Edie Wilson. The interview will last about 30 min.
    Please bring three reference (If available), as well as a copy of your ID, e.g. Passport, Driving License to the interview.
    Please contact me on 07064848759, in order to arrange an interview
    We look forward to seeing you

Best regards
    Mark Leeman

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• rurffy
    replied
    foreign destination, Nigeria or Ukraine I suspect. ...
    Hmmm.....

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    I was curious, so I called the number. Voice recording said "we are the largest recruiting firm in the UK... .... .... no experience necessary". The call was obviously forwarded to some foreign destination, Nigeria or Ukraine I suspect. I am still investigating...

Leave a comment:

• istvan
    replied
    Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
    Hhmmm, I can see why the 'radar went off...
    no reply to my email either... case closed

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Hhmmm, I can see why the 'radar went off...

Leave a comment:

• istvan
    replied
    I was curious, so I called the number. Voice recording said "we are the largest recruiting firm in the UK... .... .... no experience necessary". The call was obviously forwarded to some foreign destination, Nigeria or Ukraine I suspect. I am still investigating...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X