• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview... what interview???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's interesting what google reveals about that phone number.

As a rule of thumb any message from an agent or company that uses a free mail provider such yahoo, hotmail or gmail should be put in your spam folder.

Getting a domain name with an associated email address costs a few quid.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SeekingIT View Post
      I received same, full details from jokers below........still trying to work out the angle - but as peeps have said, check the phone bill!!!
      It's a scam.

This number costs about 50p/minute to ring from a BT landline (more from a mobile) and the person you are calling takes a share of this.

They harvest a pile of jobseekers email addresses and spam them with this message saying you have an interview, the jobseeker thinks WTF, no I don't and calls the number.

Cue recorded message, hopefully to keep them on the line for a while and kerching! Money in the bank.

Try reporting it to OFCOM but you are probably pissing in the wind...
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        It's a scam.

This number costs about 50p/minute to ring from a BT landline (more from a mobile) and the person you are calling takes a share of this.

They harvest a pile of jobseekers email addresses and spam them with this message saying you have an interview, the jobseeker thinks WTF, no I don't and calls the number.

Cue recorded message, hopefully to keep them on the line for a while and kerching! Money in the bank.

Try reporting it to OFCOM but you are probably pissing in the wind...
        I used a pre-payed service to limit the call cost just in case. I did not listen long for the announcement. It was obvious that it is a scam at this point. It cost me about 25pc. No problem. But it pisses me off, it is 25pcs stolen from me. My mistake, yahoo, hotmail, gmail from agents go to my junk box without reading it from now on. By the way SeekingIT shows the entire message, that's it.
        My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

Originally posted by istvan View Post
          I used a pre-payed service to limit the call cost just in case.
          Good move.

I would report it to OFCOM anyway.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Just consider it a gullibility tax.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              Good move.

I would report it to OFCOM anyway.
              Hope that this scam will be reported and taken off. Certain type of job seekers may not be as sophisticated when it goes to premium numbers - and 25p/minute may make a difference in their budget.
              If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
              X