• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "somewhere on forum to post an opportunity in Scotland?"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    It also means you are totally within IR35 so the money just isn't worth it for a contractor.

These fixed term things are horrible affairs that employers use just to string permies on. BUPA do them and will keep rolling them for up to the 2 years max until they have to give you a firm off. Poor permies having to work for 2 years on 3-6 month contracts without full benefits. Bad form IMO.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
    not everyones as massively talented as you obviously are, its a junior role for someone getting into the game, I asked the mods permission before posting as Ive seen many posts on this forum for people starting out, does FTC not stand for fixed term CONTRACT?
    Yep - the "C" does indeed stand for contract. But it's not a true contractor's contract in my eyes.

The word "contract" appears in "Employment contract" too, BTW.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Still - it might be for someone. No harm done in asking, is there?

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
    not everyones as massively talented as you obviously are, its a junior role for someone getting into the game, I asked the mods permission before posting as Ive seen many posts on this forum for people starting out, does FTC not stand for fixed term CONTRACT?
    I don't think "FT" stands for fixed term when it comes to how most contractors would feel about this type of 'contract'.

I know you're just marketing a short term permie post here, and it may be right for someone, but what NLUK is getting at is this is a forum for professional contractors, rather than for people that work as PAYE employees on a limited-engagement basis. This type of "contract" isn't what we do.

Leave a comment:

• badgerpig
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I am sorry but your are advertising a FTC to perm role paying a max of 30k on a contracting forum.

Are you doing this to entertain us or are you actually serious?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    There is desperate and there is £26k in Scotland.....
    I take it you've applied then?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    There is desperate and there is Scotland.....
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    There is desperate and there is £26k in Scotland.....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I am sorry but your are advertising a FTC to perm role paying a max of 30k on a contracting forum.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...h-go-perm.html

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    It's 30k a month, right up my street

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Just a guess

https://www22.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_bal...sgeaxfyuezjpcn

Leave a comment:

• badgerpig
    replied
    Release and Change Analyst Linlithgow/Scotland 12month FTC (with likely extension/conversion to FTE)

Experience: Release & Change Mgt (ITIL based) Version control of code (CASCM), Oracle ERP11i/12

28-30k, great working conditions, immediate start

PM me if you'd like further info

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• badgerpig
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Hey badgerpig,

I don't mind long-standing posters to look for assistance with projects here so feel free to post details and let people PM you if they are interested.
    jobsagudn thanks

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Hey badgerpig,

I don't mind long-standing posters to look for assistance with projects here so feel free to post details and let people PM you if they are interested.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X