• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Screening questionnaire asking for refernces"

Collapse

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    That's fraud isn't it?
    And not conducive to landing the contract when the refs are checked. It is possible to be firm and polite in these situations. If the agent gets shirty he is probably up to no good. If he thinks you are a good candidate he will try a compromise.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Er why ? Give names that don't exist agent progresses to next step of application process for said contractor. Easy.
    That is just dumb. Why would you do that?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I just left that bit blank in the end

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    That's fraud isn't it?
    Er why ? Give names that don't exist agent progresses to next step of application process for said contractor. Easy.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Be up front with the agent and tell them refs only provided on acceptance of the contract so as to save everyone time. Or give false references just to satisfy their request.
    That's fraud isn't it?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 12 September 2012, 15:24.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Be up front with the agent and tell them refs only provided on acceptance of the contract so as to save everyone time. Or give false references just to satisfy their request.
    I'd only show them to the client directly (without knowing what it's like to be in this situation).

If agent won't budge perhaps make it damn clear that they must only contact for the purposes of providing a reference, and not to look for new business (if that's possible?)

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Had a call about a govt gig, only at the 'are you happy for me to put you forward for this role' stage. In order to progress I'[ve got a form to fill out asking for name, DOB, eligibility to work in UK etc and this:

Not sure how to word this as I'm not giving all my references without an offer on the table - any suggestions from the esteemed panel?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
    ... is a line from another of today's threads so what took you so long to respond NLUK

Just keeping us all in anticipation
    They are all coming out of the woodwork today so struggling keeping up!!!

Leave a comment:

• geoffreywhereveryoumaybe
    replied
    Killing Time on this Forum ...

... is a line from another of today's threads so what took you so long to respond NLUK

Just keeping us all in anticipation

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    FTFY
    You sir, are a gentleman. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    You have 5000+ posts and still can't be arsed to look for a sticky at the top of this very part of the forum with over 54 pages? Nicely researched
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You have 5000+ posts and still can't be arsed to look for a sticky at the top of this very part of the forum with over 54 posts? Nicely researched

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Could NLUK please come to the customer service desk.......

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    started a topic Screening questionnaire asking for refernces

Screening questionnaire asking for refernces

Had a call about a govt gig, only at the 'are you happy for me to put you forward for this role' stage. In order to progress I'[ve got a form to fill out asking for name, DOB, eligibility to work in UK etc and this:

Please provide with written references or names for the period of two years prior to this period.
    Not sure how to word this as I'm not giving all my references without an offer on the table - any suggestions from the esteemed panel?

Working...
X