• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Screening questionnaire asking for refernces

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screening questionnaire asking for refernces

Had a call about a govt gig, only at the 'are you happy for me to put you forward for this role' stage. In order to progress I'[ve got a form to fill out asking for name, DOB, eligibility to work in UK etc and this:

Please provide with written references or names for the period of two years prior to this period.
    Not sure how to word this as I'm not giving all my references without an offer on the table - any suggestions from the esteemed panel?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Could NLUK please come to the customer service desk.......
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

You have 5000+ posts and still can't be arsed to look for a sticky at the top of this very part of the forum with over 54 posts? Nicely researched
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You have 5000+ posts and still can't be arsed to look for a sticky at the top of this very part of the forum with over 54 pages? Nicely researched
        FTFY
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          FTFY
          You sir, are a gentleman. Thank you.

Comment

Killing Time on this Forum ...

... is a line from another of today's threads so what took you so long to respond NLUK

Just keeping us all in anticipation

Comment

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
              ... is a line from another of today's threads so what took you so long to respond NLUK

Just keeping us all in anticipation
              They are all coming out of the woodwork today so struggling keeping up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Had a call about a govt gig, only at the 'are you happy for me to put you forward for this role' stage. In order to progress I'[ve got a form to fill out asking for name, DOB, eligibility to work in UK etc and this:

Not sure how to word this as I'm not giving all my references without an offer on the table - any suggestions from the esteemed panel?
                Be up front with the agent and tell them refs only provided on acceptance of the contract so as to save everyone time. Or give false references just to satisfy their request.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  Be up front with the agent and tell them refs only provided on acceptance of the contract so as to save everyone time. Or give false references just to satisfy their request.
                  I'd only show them to the client directly (without knowing what it's like to be in this situation).

If agent won't budge perhaps make it damn clear that they must only contact for the purposes of providing a reference, and not to look for new business (if that's possible?)
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                    That's fraud isn't it?
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 12 September 2012, 15:24.

Comment

Working...
                    X