• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Other contractor on £100 a day more than me !!"

Collapse

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
    I've discovered indirectly from the client that the other contractor on my team - working through the same agent! - is on £100 a day more than me

My first question is, is this legal? I am guessing you are all going to tell me that yes it is perfectly legal and that I should know this as a contractor. Fair enough but I am just checking. I have already approached the agent about a rise on renewal but he is only prepared to agree a cost-of-living rise which we agreed is about £500 a year in higher fuel costs... not a lot. When I raised with him the fact that the other contractor is on so much more his attitude was pretty much "tough luck". Seems like he will not budge unless I can find a legal angle on this.

Anyway, it got me thinking. I saw a good programme on TV last night where they revealed everyone's salary, and some of the higher paid staff ended up agreeing to take a pay cut to fund an increase in the lower-paid staff's wages.

Do you think there is any chance at all that my colleague would agree to a £50-a-day drop in rate in order to make us equal? I know it's a long shot but it's eating me up.
    Well done moderator! It was worth letting this run for a while just to read some of the replies.....

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I had the same thing a few clients ago. I was on 2k a day and found out that a colleague was on £1500 a day.

I was horrified and offered him the money immediately and stopped sleeping with his wife ... as much. My manager was furious when I raised it in my annual review and being as we had changed positions and projects a few time he could adjust the benign accordingly.

I love being a contractor!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Seriously there are an awful lot of people who are this stupid (my wife works with at least 4 people who are thicker than the original poster).
    Yes. But one does not expect them to be working in IT let alone as a contractor. Except for the Bobs and Bobettes.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    How long before he realises that he has to pay tax and not all of the daily rate is his?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you been to a harvester before? Have you meet MF or Suity? Seriously there are an awful lot of people who are this stupid (my wife works with at least 4 people who are thicker than the original poster).
    Nah I don't think they are, this is different... also remember this idiot is supposed to be a Business Analyst. If they can't reserach or work out some of the answers to these questions won't be able to analyse squat. These are the 4 worst questions in my CUK history. Most idiots either learn quick or disappear with this level or response.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Look at his previous posts. No one can be this stupid. The fact he picked up on everything that winds usup to the letter says troll so gotta be one of these...

Have you been to a harvester before? Have you meet MF or Suity? Seriously there are an awful lot of people who are this stupid (my wife works with at least 4 people who are thicker than the original poster).

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Are you sure about that. He just looks like a typically numpty who went into contracting for the money not because of the lifestyle.
    Look at his previous posts. No one can be this stupid. The fact he picked up on everything that winds usup to the letter says troll so gotta be one of these...

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    Just to spice things up a bit, can you get the "other contractor" to start posting on here...

I already am - kerching !!

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Can we move it to general for special attention?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Blatent windup post.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Has there always been this proportion of complete gimps being "contractors" ?

This guy has absolutely nothing, no guts, no sense and absolutely no understanding of contracting.

Has to be a wind up.
    Are you sure about that. He just looks like a typically numpty who went into contracting for the money not because of the lifestyle.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Nope. Its not legal. ALL contracts have to have a clause covering this. Have you contacted a solicitor? If not go to a CAB where they will help you raise something through the small claims court.
    What about the "Crayon Clause"?

I assume the OP signed his contract with a crayon so it would not be a valid contract, if I were you I would get ready to repay all the money they have erroneously given you

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My first question is, is this legal?
    Nope. Its not legal. ALL contracts have to have a clause covering this. Have you contacted a solicitor? If not go to a CAB where they will help you raise something through the small claims court.

Do you think there is any chance at all that my colleague would agree to a £50-a-day drop in rate in order to make us equal?
    I bet your colleague would agree to this - just ask him. In fact - I reckon if you ask nicely he would hand the money straight over to you.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Has there always been this proportion of complete gimps being "contractors" ?

This guy has absolutely nothing, no guts, no sense and absolutely no understanding of contracting.

Has to be a wind up.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    You are a Pimlico Plumber and I claim my £5.
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Anymore stupid postings and I'll ban you for being a Troll.

HTH.
    yeah. sockpuppets should not be allowed.

And why is this thread not in LR? The last paragraph is a total slam dunk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X